Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A Re-Worked Video Edit

FlushVision

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Back in July I flew a disused lead mine workings near to Grassington in North Yorkshire. I duly made a video edit of the footage which I have to say was difficult to get to a reasonable level due to the poor quality of the source footage. Yes, the light was that bad! However, I had cause to look at that video again earlier today having posted it in another thread Loss of video . Looking at it again I thought: 'I can do better!'. So I re-edited it and got noticeable better results...still not brilliant but a definite improvement on my earlier poor work.

I like it Flush.
Thanks Ty. Not as long as the original edit which, I think, was a little on the long side for the subject anyway.

The problem in the original edit was mainly caused by constantly changing lighting conditions due to cloudy, then sunny, then cloudy, etc changing at a fairly rapid pace making it difficult to get the camera set up right. For this edit, then, I worked hard in post trying to colour grade each scene individually to try and get the best out of it. Still not a brilliant video but far better than the original.

I like your rework. It's beautiful!
Keeping up with changing lighting conditions is a common problem that I encounter also. It's a lot of work in post to repeatedly adjust exposure in the middle of clips using key frames. To keep the post processing workload down, I sometimes use auto exposure set -0.5 to -1.0 (CGO3+). It's slow to respond (improvement from previous version which was too fast) but eventually gets the job done.

Reactions: FlushVision

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook