Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

About to be a yuneecer ( not even know it makes any sense)

Yes i do think its the same and as a H-plus owner, i would advice you to buy the 520 i know i wish i did.. You can do way more with the 520 than the plus. Like mission planning. I bought the plus thinking yuneec would give it updates that would give it cc or follow me (w-o controller) or some sort of mission planner, but with the h3 comming im not not sure it will ever come that far. The 520 is more expensive but i think with way better software, or you could go with a dji but just like you i dont like the company...
i'm not looking for a cinematic drone , not at all .
I'll need it to do photogrammetry, surveys and also inspections ....
just a question .... isnt the c23 camera mounted on the H plus just a E90 clone ... or vice versa .?

Yes i do think its the same and as a H-plus owner, i would advice you to buy the 520 i know i wish i did.. You can do way more with the 520 than the plus. Like mission planning. I bought the plus thinking yuneec would give it updates that would give it cc or follow me (w-o controller) or some sort of mission planner, but with the h3 comming im not not sure it will ever come that far. The 520 is more expensive but i think with way better software, or you could go with a dji but just like you i dont like the company...
At first I was going to buy the H plus with RS but then I saw the h520 and liked much more. I was looking for a versatile drone without spending 12grand and even this is not a cheap drone is more like a pro drone than a consumer one and a really good start for working......
Do you know what?... They're trying to make me buy a mavic 2 pro or a mavic 2 enterprise.... (2200/2400€) I know it's good staff but it's as big as the yuneec st16s .... We say "you should also please the eye"... Looks matter. It's also true: it is how you use it.. Not how big it is ?. Anyway... I have a really nice question

As you know, how many h520 has fallen down because the software or anything else beside the human factor?

At first I was going to buy the H plus with RS but then I saw the h520 and liked much more. I was looking for a versatile drone without spending 12grand and even this is not a cheap drone is more like a pro drone than a consumer one and a really good start for working......
Do you know what?... They're trying to make me buy a mavic 2 pro or a mavic 2 enterprise.... (2200/2400€) I know it's good staff but it's as big as the yuneec st16s .... We say "you should also please the eye"... Looks matter. It's also true: it is how you use it.. Not how big it is ?. Anyway... I have a really nice question

As you know, how many h520 has fallen down because the software or anything else beside the human factor?
Do a forum search. I'm sure someone has been unlucky!

Dont know the awnser on that one.. I do know that if youre gonna use it for checks on like windmills and/or stuff like high indoor places, youre pick should be between 520 or phantom. Not the mavic.. The mavic is a great drone for hollyday stuff but it has no manual flight mode with out gps, so useless inside or with high interference.. As far as falling out of the air i do think yuneec is safer because you fly it with no internet connection like the dji app does. Also way less no fly zones in the app with yuneec (i know you caint fly there but dji has way bigger nfz than on the goverment maps, at least in holland)

Dont know the awnser on that one.. I do know that if youre gonna use it for checks on like windmills and/or stuff like high indoor places, youre pick should be between 520 or phantom. Not the mavic.. The mavic is a great drone for hollyday stuff but it has no manual flight mode with out gps, so useless inside or with high interference.. As far as falling out of the air i do think yuneec is safer because you fly it with no internet connection like the dji app does. Also way less no fly zones in the app with yuneec (i know you caint fly there but dji has way bigger nfz than on the goverment maps, at least in holland)
thats what i thought .
Even here in italy flying is very restricted , due to military installations and the shape of the land but thanks to the new european agreement , its going to be a bit easier .

I have read somenthing about the dji is more fly-restricted than the yuneec , and now i have a question : if i have all the rights to fly in a restricted area like i have an official permit from , lets say ENAC ( sort of US FAA) and the drone doesnt take off beacause it recognize i'm in a no fly zone .... what can i do ?

thats what i thought .
Even here in italy flying is very restricted , due to military installations and the shape of the land but thanks to the new european agreement , its going to be a bit easier .

I have read somenthing about the dji is more fly-restricted than the yuneec , and now i have a question : if i have all the rights to fly in a restricted area like i have an official permit from , lets say ENAC ( sort of US FAA) and the drone doesnt take off beacause it recognize i'm in a no fly zone .... what can i do ?

@arruntus and several others can tell you for certain, but I believe the H520 does not have NFZ’s in the software/firmware as it is a professional level UAS. Therefore you won’t need to get permission every time you fly.

The prosumer/commercial aircraft like the TH Plus, TH, and the coming H3 require an unlock from Yuneec. The unlock for the EU version has a monetary charge to obtain it in addition to providing Yuneec your professional pilot credentials.

The H520 does not have NFZ. That's why you don't have to worry. You can fly where you want but better where you should. Asking for permission from your country's air safety agency is enough, the drone will never put any limitations.

Regarding payloads, yes, the C23 is exactly the same as the E90 but each limited to its drone. It's a questionable policy that Yuneec uses, each payload with its drone. It's the same with firmwares. I understand that in the H PLUS you can not run DataPilot and have photogrammetric functionalities, but I do not understand that in the H520 we could not use the firmware of the H PLUS and have cinematographic functions that the drone does not have by itself but should have them because that is what we were told. I say this because the hardware of the H PLUS and the H520 is also exactly the same.

It would be interesting, especially in the face of inspections, to wait and see if the laica can be used in the H520 and finally allows the exchange of lenses. The E90 is a good camera but with a fixed lens, the E50 in the end I think it has been a failure but has a more appropriate lens for inspections. In case the laica allows to exchange lenses, you can have everything with a single camera.

Tip, never update the drone as soon as the new versions come out. It is better to be patient and make sure that there are no problems or that corrections come out.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Very true, never update until your happy it functions as it should. Lots have ignored that, and had problems which were difficult to diagnose, whether the fault was there first or introduced by the new update.

The H520 does not have NFZ. That's why you don't have to worry. You can fly where you want but better where you should. Asking for permission from your country's air safety agency is enough, the drone will never put any limitations.

Regarding payloads, yes, the C23 is exactly the same as the E90 but each limited to its drone. It's a questionable policy that Yuneec uses, each payload with its drone. It's the same with firmwares. I understand that in the H PLUS you can not run DataPilot and have photogrammetric functionalities, but I do not understand that in the H520 we could not use the firmware of the H PLUS and have cinematographic functions that the drone does not have by itself but should have them because that is what we were told. I say this because the hardware of the H PLUS and the H520 is also exactly the same.

It would be interesting, especially in the face of inspections, to wait and see if the laica can be used in the H520 and finally allows the exchange of lenses. The E90 is a good camera but with a fixed lens, the E50 in the end I think it has been a failure but has a more appropriate lens for inspections. In case the laica allows to exchange lenses, you can have everything with a single camera.

Tip, never update the drone as soon as the new versions come out. It is better to be patient and make sure that there are no problems or that corrections come out.

Thanks for the quick confirmation @arruntus. I knew you had the answer!

Reactions: arruntus
@arruntus and several others can tell you for certain, but I believe the H520 does not have NFZ’s in the software/firmware as it is a professional level UAS. Therefore you won’t need to get permission every time you fly.

The prosumer/commercial aircraft like the TH Plus, TH, and the coming H3 require an unlock from Yuneec. The unlock for the EU version has a monetary charge to obtain it in addition to providing Yuneec your professional pilot credentials.
Good to ear that ... i think they should specify that in red capital letter, especially for the EU markets , since they gonna charge you something

Thanks for the firmware update advice ....
Do you think yuneec is going to make a zoom camera for the H520 ?

• Haha
Reactions: AH-1G
Thanks for the firmware update advice ....
Do you think yuneec is going to make a zoom camera for the H520 ?

? ? ? ? ? ?

It's easier to win the Euromillions than to try to guess what Yuneec and his roadmap want to do. It does things well, but it has a terrible flaw, its lack of communication with the user. It fails so much that it doesn't even tell us what new things come with the updates, it puts 4 letters and we have to discover how the new features work on our own :rolleyes:

The good thing is that in this forum we have many fellow phenomena that pave the way :D

? ? ? ? ? ?

It's easier to win the Euromillions than to try to guess what Yuneec and his roadmap want to do. It does things well, but it has a terrible flaw, its lack of communication with the user. It fails so much that it doesn't even tell us what new things come with the updates, it puts 4 letters and we have to discover how the new features work on our own :rolleyes:

The good thing is that in this forum we have many fellow phenomena that pave the way :D
I know what you mean . I have sent them an email 6 weeks maybe 8 asking some info ...... never got an email back .
That kinda sucks .... This thing ( careless customer service) can make people think is better going somewhere else .. don't you think ?

I'm here trying to learn as much as i can from you guys because i really want to buy this drone but spending 3500€ on a machine that has close to zero customer service , makes things really hard.

Last edited:
I know what you mean . I have sent them an email 6 weeks maybe 8 asking some info ...... never got an email back .
That kinda sucks .... This thing ( careless customer service) can make people think is better going somewhere else .. don't you think ?

I'm here trying to learn as much as i can from you guys because i really want to buy this drone but spending 3500€ on a machine that has close to zero customer service , makes things really hard.
It is unfortunate, but Yuneec CS rarely if ever responds to unsolicited email. Your best bet is to use a full browser (not mobile like on your phone or tablet) and contact Support. Attempt the Online Chat or a Support Phone Call if you can’t get through on chat. In the US a phone call has to be scheduled, but you may be able to call directly in the EU.

Since you are in the process of purchasing an H520 you could always try the sales office also. Explain to them that you have questions that need to be answered to your satisfaction or you will take your business elsewhere. Of course use this only if using Customer Service fails.

It is unfortunate, but Yuneec CS rarely if ever responds to unsolicited email. Your best bet is to use a full browser (not mobile like on your phone or tablet) and contact Support. Attempt the Online Chat or a Support Phone Call if you can’t get through on chat. In the US a phone call has to be scheduled, but you may be able to call directly in the EU.

Since you are in the process of purchasing an H520 you could always try the sales office also. Explain to them that you have questions that need to be answered to your satisfaction or you will take your business elsewhere. Of course use this only if using Customer Service fails.
Great.... Thank you for your help.

I've had a 520 for about a year and just do roof inspections using the E90. I find the picture quality good enough but I've not had any experience of the H plus. regarding the battery, everyone says it's two clicks but it's actually only one and as long as you don't lift the lever to check it all will be fine. Good luck with your flying!

I've had a 520 for about a year and just do roof inspections using the E90. I find the picture quality good enough but I've not had any experience of the H plus. regarding the battery, everyone says it's two clicks but it's actually only one and as long as you don't lift the lever to check it all will be fine. Good luck with your flying!
Yes. If you touch the latch pull it out and insert again, it just takes seconds to be safe.

Hey Pilots.
I'm sorry i did not write you back ..... it's been "hard time" .. nothing serious just thinking about what drone to buy and finally i made my choice .

if everything goes like it is suppose to go , i'll be a proud H520 owner next week .
Ando now starts the accessory challenge.
Do you have any advice ? ..... I had to shave the price a little, because i wanted to buy a hit and run drone , but i want to buy everything i need to fly safe , smooth and with no hassle.

I've just bought the drone :) , the e90 camera and the wonderfull gold-like trolley case .

Now i'm thinking about these accessories : 1/2 more batteries , Bumper cage, DY5 charger , more propellers, e90 uv filter , nd filters ( which one ?) ST16s extra battery, e90 transport cover lock.
What do you think ?
Thanks a lot.

Batteries - get 2 or 3 more

Bumper cage - unless you are flying indoors or doing very close building inspections it is frivolous.

DY5 charger - OK

Extra props - yes

UV filter - yes, more for protection of camera optics

ND filters - only if you plan to do cinematography, if you are just doing photos for inspections they are not needed.

Spare ST-16S battery - yes

Reactions: arruntus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx