Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

About to be a yuneecer ( not even know it makes any sense)

Batteries - get 2 or 3 more

Bumper cage - unless you are flying indoors or doing very close building inspections it is frivolous.

DY5 charger - OK

Extra props - yes

UV filter - yes, more for protection of camera optics

ND filters - only if you plan to do cinematography, if you are just doing photos for inspections they are not needed.

Spare ST-16S battery - yes
thank you
... so pretty much everything....
Is there any way to know how Many charges a battery has, as well as how many hours the drone has flown?......I"m buying everything new but... just because

thank you
Is there any way to know how Many charges a battery has, as well as how many hours the drone has flown?......I"m buying everything new but... just because
Only when you start the charging process, you can keep a record of charges, your flights are recorded in St16s so you'll have a good idea of hours flown.

Only when you start the charging process, you can keep a record of charges, your flights are recorded in St16s so you'll have a good idea of hours flown.
Thanks @Mrgs1 so there is no way to know for sure that what I'm buying is 100% new....

Thanks @Mrgs1 so there is no way to know for sure that what I'm buying is 100% new....
On a battery, a clean mark free case case possibly, Internal resistance is no accurate way, you could have high IR on newer battery by date, than an older one, you just have to believe your buying new when buying from a dealer, hopefully it's at storage voltage, not too high or too low.

thank you
You can access the Flight Logs on the ST-16S and upload them to UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16 where @Tuna has a free service for H520 owners to analyze flight telemetry.

thank you
If your buying everything new, then it's probably not worth over analysing everything, read up and practice are probably more important than worrying about how many minutes/hours you've flown or now many cycles on a battery, you can jot down a record of that, when your confident you can download the software to read your telemetry if it's important to you.

If your buying everything new, then it's probably not worth over analysing everything, read up and practice are probably more important than worrying about how many minutes/hours you've flown or now many cycles on a battery, you can jot down a record of that, when your confident you can download the software to read your telemetry if it's important to you.
Thank you both ... I know, over analyzing is not the way, and starting with this mood is probably not healthy, but as you know it's not a cheap drone and if there is a chance it is a used one, then ?. Just that. Anyway I think I'll try to get into the log thing as @DoomMeister said, to know if the drone Flys well and I think a visual explanation of the flight can be a good thing to put on project paperworks.

Thank you both ... I know, over analyzing is not the way, and starting with this mood is probably not healthy, but as you know it's not a cheap drone and if there is a chance it is a used one, then ?. Just that. Anyway I think I'll try to get into the log thing as @DoomMeister said, to know if the drone Flys well and I think a visual explanation of the flight can be a good thing to put on project paperworks.
I'm pretty sure the logs/ history can be erased from the controller, so somebody could give the impression it was new. But for your own needs, uploading is a good idea.

If it is new there will be a record of the Test Flight at the factory in China as one of the first 4 or 5 records. Some of the first telemetry records will be ground based and just the aircraft and controller being bound for calibrations. The GPS coordinates will show it to be at the Yuneec factory.

If it is new there will be a record of the Test Flight at the factory in China as one of the first 4 or 5 records. Some of the first telemetry records will be ground based and just the aircraft and controller being bound for calibrations. The GPS coordinates will show it to be at the Yuneec factory.
Good to know at least there is something I can look at.
I know, tell me if I'm wrong, that you can choose to save the log file into the st16s and a copy can alway be found inside the drone anyways.

That is true. The “tlog” file in the aircraft can be extracted using QGroundControl. There are threads on the forum explaining the process.

That is true. The “tlog” file in the aircraft can be extracted using QGroundControl. There are threads on the forum explaining the process.
So it's easier to download it straight from the st16s than the drone.... when you say tlog you mean a log file different from the one in the controller? Or they're just the same?

They are different. The tlog is actually more robust in information than what is transmitted to and recorded in the ST-16S. I believe there are places online that you can upload the tlogs and get the graphical information from. There are a few that would be better versed than myself in this matter like @arruntus, @Mickeyboo, @claudius62, or @Dougcjohn.

Me, I'm using UAV Tollbox. I do not need exorbitant information, only a good summary of the flight done.
I save the paper in PDF and I put it in the file of the flights made in the year.
Capture 1.JPG

They are different. The tlog is actually more robust in information than what is transmitted to and recorded in the ST-16S. I believe there are places online that you can upload the tlogs and get the graphical information from. There are a few that would be better versed than myself in this matter like @arruntus, @Mickeyboo, @claudius62, or @Dougcjohn.
Thank you

Hi all! I've been mapping with the H520 in stock and augmented hardware PPK configurations for two years and would be happy to answer any questions. I am on the flight Beta team with focus on surveying and firmwares. Feel free to PM me any time.

Hi all! I've been mapping with the H520 in stock and augmented hardware PPK configurations for two years and would be happy to answer any questions. I am on the flight Beta team with focus on surveying and firmwares. Feel free to PM me any time.
Hi @chascoadmin
Thank you and I will certainly PM you also because i would like to know more about rtk, ppk .

I have one more question .
Iwas wondering to buy the DY5 Charger , but for the same price ( pretty much) i can get the SkyRC Q200 charger or a skyRC D100v2 for even less( it has room for 2 bateries, the q200 has 4). do you think is better than the DY5 also because i have some "normal" drone batteries to charge and no charger yet.
thanks a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my