Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Added a bit of safety

Reaction score
Well had this sitting in a drawer for ages originally bought it for the Q500 but never got round to fit it so I decided to add it to the ST16IMG_20180716_000451.jpegIMG_20180716_000512.jpeg

yes, but only if you both simultaneously turn the key... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Thomas111
But who has the “football”?

In over 40 years of RC and UAV’s, this is the first time I’ve seen a guard cover installed on an RC transmitter that wasn’t associated with an explosive separation/destruct device or stores release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas111
This one might keep you guessing for awhile. There's sliders on both sides as well. Which one to protect? This one is only a 10 channel radio. There's even more stuff to fiddle with on a Futaba 16SG.DSC03444_B.jpg

and here's me thinkin that the ST-16 as my first controller, was intimidating... :confused:

When you build your own you get to make decisions about how many things you’ll want on it, and what will be needed to control them;)

That particular Tx is used for a giant scale aerobatic airplane. The ones used on large custom build multirotors are usually equally or more complex. Takes awhile to get used to the controls of a new build.

I don't think that would work for me. I use the Red Button
This one might keep you guessing for awhile. There's sliders on both sides as well. Which one to protect? This one is only a 10 channel radio. There's even more stuff to fiddle with on a Futaba 16SG.View attachment 10403

That looks like something from “The Terminator” :D

What might be interesting is that RC transmitters have utilized that general layout format since the 70's. In fact, the company that made that Tx, Airtronics, originally started out as Cox/Sanwa in the late 70's and have been an integral part of RC soaring and precision aerobatics ever since. Since that time RC transmitters have changed only a little in cosmetic appearance to improve ergonomics and switch layout but they have been a "standard" in RC a long, long time. The much later "consumer" drone makers have gone to great lengths to make the transmitters and control functions as simple as possible to attract new users. Our ST-16's are actually a lot easier to get used to. Imagine having to set up each control function before you are able to fly, and adjusting them for a preferred "feel" and accuracy afterwards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33