Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Advice UAV tool

Reaction score
Next Sunday I will use for the first time the UAV tool for commercial purposes. I will map a road here in Costa Rica.
Any advice? Check list?.

Thank you.

Make your first run of each new CCC route without the camera. The camera is not
needed to run the route and is the single most expensive part of the H. If things go
south, at least the camera is not at risk.

Once you have confirmed that the route runs successfully, you can land, remount
and rebind the camera. Just knowing that the route will run without incident,
will help you then concentrate on the camera view and movements.

Switching both tilt and pan to "global" will place all camera controls on the right stick.

The most critical part of selecting your waypoints is the height. The altitude can vary
by as much as 30 feet when the route is run, so I would not set any waypoint below
45-50 feet.

And most important, what Pat said... practice first. If you are doing this for a job,
arrange to be able to go to the site the day before. That way you can setup and
tweek the CCC route before you make the actual paid run, in front of clients.
That is one of the greatest advantages of using CCC... re-running at a later time.

Last edited:
I think the smart guys above have said pretty much what needs to be said.

Make sure you've done it a couple of times - and create a check list of the things you need to do, the settings you use, controls and so on. Check lists will also show your client you're organised and professional.

Remember to allow for altitude. Your takeoff point is zero, and if you're covering a long distance, even small slopes can add up to big differences in height. Sometimes it can make more sense to do the job in stages.

During the flight, be ready to exit CCC at any point if things look bad.

Good luck - and let us know how you get on!

Thank you guys for all the advice. Since my customer is the government and Im transmitting data directly to a database , this is a one shot. I can not make tests at least not in the site.
I have seen that a best practice is to create a waypoint right above the takeoff point. This will make the drone to gain altitude vertically. Please let me know if Im right.

Thank you guys for all the advice. Since my customer is the government and Im transmitting data directly to a database , this is a one shot. I can not make tests at least not in the site.
I have seen that a best practice is to create a waypoint right above the takeoff point. This will make the drone to gain altitude vertically. Please let me know if Im right.
Well, it is true that the YTH changes altitude (climbs or descends!) gradually while flying inbound the first waypoint and its first set hight when activating a CCC route.
So having the first waypoint close to the take off (home) point is helping to avoid confusion or accidents IMO.

Honestly, if it's just a road, why use CCC? It should be easy enough to fly down the middle of the road and you can set the camera to stay at the same angle for the whole flight.

Honestly, if it's just a road, why use CCC? It should be easy enough to fly down the middle of the road and you can set the camera to stay at the same angle for the whole flight.
That is true. Automation has its downsides, especially in areas one does not know exactly. Trees and high voltage power lines could "surprisingly" be in the flight path at the programmed altitude...

I just noticed this yesterday in an area where the highest trees are 37.5 meters above home point. I had a CCC pattern at 40 m of which I didn't remember to have programmed it also over these "peaks". So in the moment I noticed it was going into this sector I had to rely on the actual barometer read out to be correct as it was already to late to interrupt CCC.
Seeing the YTH Pro RS (with CGO-ET mounted) vanishing only 2.5 m above and behind the black treetops (seen from 150 m distance in dusk light against sunset) makes you feel like just doing something not well thought through...
A bit confusing that in all task modes OBS cannot be engaged (neither Ultra Sonic nor RealSense)....

For a straight course line shot in no or low wind it's really hard to beat using cruise control. No time or battery lost setting up waypoints. Even with a little wind, establishing a flight direction that runs a little into the wind as an offset works well, but that takes a little practice learning how to read the wind and how to establish angular offsets.

As for making a home waypoint, I think that's a great idea when using CCC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal