Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Aerial Drone Trespassing Trial Wednesday

Reaction score
Lincoln Parish Man Facing Charges of Aerial Trespass
Louisiana Seeks Jurisdiction of Airspace in Spite of FAA Warning and Lack of Statue. From what he said in a Law group for drones he got He was found guilty of 3 counts of criminal trespassing, 30 days in jail per count , $300 plus fine per count and 2 years probation
And also I was ordered to never own a drone again.

Hope he appeals.

• Wow
Reactions: Steve Carr
Lincoln Parish Man Facing Charges of Aerial Trespass
Louisiana Seeks Jurisdiction of Airspace in Spite of FAA Warning and Lack of Statue. From what he said in a Law group for drones he got He was found guilty of 3 counts of criminal trespassing, 30 days in jail per count , $300 plus fine per count and 2 years probation
And also I was ordered to never own a drone again.

Hope he appeals.

If he does, I'm certain he'll win. While states can enact laws that are more strict than federal laws, they can NOT enact laws that are less strict, nor can they enact laws that contradict federal laws. Based on that last point, that's why I'm certain he'll win if he appeals...unless there are other circumstances that weren't in the original article. Additionally, if he does win on appeal, he won also have the option of coming a VERY nice financially-advantageous lawsuit against the parish, the sheriff's department, and the deputy that initiated this whole mess.

Trial testimony was given:

It was supposed to continue on but I'm guessing due to COVID-19 its been delayed.

Another spin on it, a bit deeper dive:

I think this line from the article is interesting:

Louisiana’s trespassing law was recently modified to include drones. It states: “No person shall enter upon immovable property owned by another without express, legal, or implied authorization.....”

It seems like a fairly logical argument to make that the FAA gave him both legal and express authorization.

Dylan

Reactions: DoomMeister
This particular case is a simple matter of Abuse of Authority. Airspace ownership, surveillance, and other issues aside, it's really about a LEO using his authority to jack with his neighbor.

Must remember that the Louisiana judicial system is based on French standards not English. Certainly makes for interesting results.

I hope all this hassle works out ok for you.
Best of look.
Mike

I wonder if the complainant in this case will be filing against NASA and the manufacturers of satellites as they "trespass" over his property each and every day. I'll bet he probably keeps his shades all pulled as the astronauts aboard the ISS are spying on him. Time for him to put his foil hat back on and go hide in his basement.

I wonder if the complainant in this case will be filing against NASA and the manufacturers of satellites as they "trespass" over his property each and every day. I'll bet he probably keeps his shades all pulled as the astronauts aboard the ISS are spying on him. Time for him to put his foil hat back on and go hide in his basement.
Haha right!? I still can't figure out why people instantly hate drones. People seem to all assume they live lives so interesting that there are perfect strangers out there purchasing expensive equipment, learning how to operate it and attempting to spy on them while they are clipping their toe nails eating Cheetos on their fat @sses watching reruns of everybody loves Raymond...

Must remember that the Louisiana judicial system is based on French standards not English. Certainly makes for interesting results.

Federal law supersedes state law. Where the feds hold statute governing authority a state cannot override that authority. The FAA has already ruled numerous times they, and only they, control airspace, and do so from any distance above the ground up to 60,000’, where international law takes over.

Federal law supersedes state law. Where the feds hold statute governing authority a state cannot override that authority.

Hence the biggest stumbling block for 11 states "budding" industry.....

Federal law supersedes state law. Where the feds hold statute governing authority a state cannot override that authority. The FAA has already ruled numerous times they, and only they, control airspace, and do so from any distance above the ground up to 60,000’, where international law takes over.
Louisiana doesn't have a justice system.... it has a bunch of clowns pretending to be important... Joke state run by fools.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval