Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

After market batteries

Reaction score
New here & to the Typhoon H. Was looking around for gear & came across a website for a company called GiFi Power. They had batteries for the Typhoon H & even a 4 battery charger (original batteries were harder to find). Anybody ever try these? Are they any good or lame knock-offs? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:
I think you'll find there's as many bad as good experiences with them. I would still try and get original or at least Ultrax ones if your in US personally.

Reactions: KellyR
The ones I just bought, built 03/02/2019.

Kelly, I have four Giffi 8050mA since the beginning of 2017 and they all works fine = no puffing so far. Flewn about 10-15hrs each of them and they give approx 2minutes longer flight time compared to my three std H batts. I charge them with a DY3 and store at 15.3V. Look for more info in this forum.

Kelly, I have four Giffi 8050mA since the beginning of 2017 and they all works fine = no puffing so far. Flewn about 10-15hrs each of them and they give approx 2minutes longer flight time compared to my three std H batts. I charge them with a DY3 and store at 15.3V. Look for more info in this forum.

Aren't the original batteries 5400mah? The 8050mah only gives you an extra 2 minutes? Seems a little low doesn't it?

Thanks for all the responses guys. Anybody ever try their 4 battery charger?

Aren't the original batteries 5400mah? The 8050mah only gives you an extra 2 minutes? Seems a little low doesn't it?
Well 2min more are approx.15% more then what you get from a std H batt. Not bad! Forget those who claim they get 20min from a std batt! No way! I talk about using the cam rolling video all time in the air but Obs.avoid. off.

Not really. More mA capacity means a heavier battery. For every additional gram of battery weight there will be a corresponsing increase in power consumption to carry the additional weight over and above the battery weight the system was designed to carry. This is a factor many overlook when they shop for higher capacity batteries to extend flight time. There is always a trade off between more time against increased power demand.

As for factory batteries being 5400mA, there has always been considerable doubt concerning the factory labeling. Yuneec has a proven history of mislabeling battery capacity. Under labeling them makes them cheaper and easier to ship.

When we consider that just about all the 6300mA batteries have provided flight and charge times extremely similar to Yuneec’s 5400mA battery we can come to but two possible conclusions; (1) Yuneec has been selling, with exceptional performance, the best 5400mA batteries made, or (2) Yuneec’s 5400mA battery is for whatever reason not correctly labeled, and is in reality a 6300mA battery. Pick the one that logic best supports.

Last edited:
That's just a marketing ploy, never been proved I suspect because it's a battery and there all different.

If you continually search eBay you can sometimes get good deals on yuneec battery’s
I seen one today for H+ for 119.00 USA Free shipping
Money back guarantee

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33