Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

After Market Batteries

Reaction score
It seems to me that after market batteries or old Yuneec batteries are all that's left for us to use in our Q500 series drones. I order a couple of "New" Venom 6000mAh batteries on eBay for what seemed a good price. They arrived today, one is grave-yard-dead and the other has high internal resistance. The seller approved the return of them quickly, so I didn't lose anything. I have ordered a couple of ELEoption 5400mAh thinking that they seem to be available on several web sites and will perhaps be somewhat fresh. It will be a week or two before I get them. I'll try to remember to follow up with a short addition to this post on how they perform. Wish me luck...

Last edited:
Reactions: dronefisher
I was just looking for the direct link : Yuneec Skins is an approved vendor of this forum...

Thanks for the suggestions, I did check Yuneec Skins site and theirs was out of stock. Their battery has a higher mAh but also costs $17.50 more each.

It seems to me that after market batteries or old Yuneec batteries are all that's left for us to use in our Q500 series drones. I order a couple of "New" Venom 6000mAh batteries on eBay for what seemed a good price. They arrived today, one is grave-yard-dead and the other has high internal resistance. The seller approved the return of them quickly, so I didn't lose anything. I have ordered a couple of ELEoption 5400mAh thinking that they seem to be available on several web sites and will perhaps be somewhat fresh. It will be a week or two before I get them. I'll try to remember to follow up with a short addition to this post on how they perform. Wish me luck...
Easier to forget the sketchy aftermarket ones and do a very simple mod to use a £42 lipo from Hobby King. It involves no cutting, just unscrewing the screws that hold the body together, moving one connection and putting it back together. Allows the use of a standard Turnigy Nano Tech 6000mAH, a tried and tested battery with a decent reputation. It fits the battery bay of the Q500 and the bay door closes with no problem.

I have yet to get round to a full test but I flew 19 minutes with loads left, when I finally do the full test I'm guessing around 22 minutes or more.. The thread is here: Hi, and my Typhoon G battery 'upgrade'

I have been watching yuneecskins website every day for over a month now for their typhoon h batteries to be in stock.... its a *** shame you just cant find quality batteries for these great drones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval