Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Aftermarket batteries

Reaction score
This is the only aftermarket batteries that I have found for the typhoon h plus. I would like to know what you guys think of them or should I stick to the original ones

Thanks in advance

Those shown in the link are Typhoon H (480) batteries, they are not the same as H Plus Batteries. While those batteries can power a Plus, they cannot be charged with your H Plus charger as the cell connections are different. In addition the starting and finishing voltages are different so the readouts on the ST-16 will not be the same when flying. Also the 'Low Battery' warning will be off somewhat. But as long as you know these things you can make that battery work.

If you are in the US, do a google search for Typhoon H batteries - some Best Buy stores still have these in stock and sell them for 139.99. If you cannot find one near you B&H has the stock H Plus batteries in stock at 179.00. Personally I would go for a new stock battery over the others. Good Luck.

Those shown in the link are Typhoon H (480) batteries, they are not the same as H Plus Batteries. While those batteries can power a Plus, they cannot be charged with your H Plus charger as the cell connections are different. In addition the starting and finishing voltages are different so the readouts on the ST-16 will not be the same when flying. Also the 'Low Battery' warning will be off somewhat. But as long as you know these things you can make that battery work.

If you are in the US, do a google search for Typhoon H batteries - some Best Buy stores still have these in stock and sell them for 139.99. If you cannot find one near you B&H has the stock H Plus batteries in stock at 179.00. Personally I would go for a new stock battery over the others. Good Luck.
Ok thanks

Do the mod to take every day batteries like for the one PatR did for the H 480 and you will never run out of batteries. He did an excellent manual for people to down load and mod your bird, need to be able to solder ,if not have a good friend that can and you will not need to worry about expensive OEM batteries.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Do the mod to take every day batteries like for the one PatR did for the H 480 and you will never run out of batteries. He did an excellent manual for people to down load and mod your bird, need to be able to solder ,if not have a good friend that can and you will not need to worry about expensive OEM batteries.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.
Do you have the l link to thread with the manual

Sorry danomite,
I found out very early in this forum that you use the magnifying glass and ask the post for your information. If you do not search you will not use this forum to its maximum. But I forget, but start asking for threads about a mod for standard batteries, or something similar and you will get it. It is very simple to do I think that I put some photos of one of my mods in that thread also. All that it involves is cutting extra wires ( + and - ) to the on-off switch and route them around the back to an XT 60 connector or whatever your battery has.
Johnno Hennessy.

Reactions: danomite24
Hi danomite,
It is some times hard to navigate the threads here, so go to the How To Section at the front page in the TYPHOON H section and put in Battery Adapter, Typhoon H,DIY it is by PatR.
If you put PatR in the thread section and on page 7 or longer and on the 30 the of June 2019 PatR has his down load and instructions, it is very complete like all of the things that he does. Good Luck. Johnno Hennessy.

TYPHOON H PLUS I USE THESE

steve and drones

Attachments

• Screenshot (122).png
    Screenshot (122).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 19

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members