Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Aftermarket GPS?

Reaction score
Is there a higher quality GPS module that could be installed?

I have not researched the H but with my previous experience with Flight Controllers like CC3D, Revolution, etc there were better quality GPS modules you could install.

I dont have a clue how to rate/ compare the accuracy of a GPS and was curious how good the H unit is compared to other options and is it even a possibility to install a better unit?

Interesting question. I've been thinking the same thing. I think it will depend on coding, etc

Keen to see what other members have to say about this topic.

I should note that my interest in this is just that - purely interest. From my experience with the YTH, I am pretty happy with the current config, but if there is a way to make it even better, then that is certainly worth looking at.

My H itself seems pretty sensitive picking up the GPS birds, even under trees, but the ST-16 does not do as well.

I'm not sure how you'd benefit. If the GPS unit in the H is working, it is rock solid. There are a small number of faulty units, but the answer to that is to get it fixed, not switch to an unsupported third party unit.

I was thinking if the options were available with a better -dbm sensitivity and a faster Hz update rate and you could unplug and plug in a new one then it might be worth looking at. I have yet to take my H apart so I have no idea if the GPS is all soldered into the main board etc. I don't see why the code would need to change if the GPS communication parameters are the same.

Is it the little white block near that fat red wire?

No!!! that is the on/off switch, opposite end to that,
when he rotates it round at exactly 06:38 in to the video,
why don't you contact Tigger, he is very approachable

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz