Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Agriculture analysis

Reaction score
Need help on everything needed, mainly what type of camera. I've been told I have to have a multispecteral camera, if so any ideas on the best one for the job and budget.

NDVI is an interest of mine as well... unfortunately there is currently nothing that will realistically work with the Plus or the H. Yes, the lens in each camera can be removed... and an appropriate NIR filter installed directly in front of the sensor. However, that does necessitate investing in an additional dedicated camera. Peau Productions has NDVI Blue 446nm + NIR 800nm filters that will work with the CGO3 camera series. There is no indication currently on their site if a filter for the E90/C23 will be added.

However with no Yuneec approved 3rd party apps, there is no mapping app available. Mapping is a supported function of the 520. DroneDeploy (and virtually all apps out there), are DJI compatible only... little support for other platforms. If a version of Tuna's UAV Toolbox for the H Plus with mapping capabilities is developed in the future, that would be another option.

All of this is before you even invest in the NDVI analysis software, which is not cheap.

Last I really looked at it, the initial investment will be $5000 to $7000... and the hardware will not be Yuneec.

Reactions: PatR
I have seen some different types of multispectoral cameras for drones that would do the job or I thought they would. I just purchased a Typhoon H plus for this purpose because of all the research I've done I liked the capabilities of the H+. That is my biggest client base as of now being how I live in a small town and surrounded by farms and all are close friends. So there is no way to do a mapping situation with the H+ is that what you are saying?

Even if the cameras could be recognized by the flight control system, without a usable mapping program, the amount of effort involved in trying to compile usable data would be a significant obstacle. Of course, Yuneec historically has always been tight lipped on upcoming upgrades of either hardware or software. Have you actually received the Plus yet?

It will be here Tuesday but I'm second guessing it now and debating on canceling the order and going with what I didn't want just because they will do the job I need done. I have been studying drones for two months and everything I've seen has pointed me to the typhoon but if it's not going to do the 80% of my clients then I will have to look elsewhere. I hate that because I feel the H+ is a far better craft. I have clients that I do photography for as well and it will be perfect for that I was just hoping I could get the agg clients as well

I agree... if you can cancel do so... if not return it unopened... as it stands, the H Plus will not do what you need... at least not in the foreseeable future.

That wasn't what I wanted to hear but thank you for you help. Just to make sure that I understand the negatives... There is not an app that will support the H in a mapping situation, and the camera options just aren't available nor the software to analyze it is not cheap. OK is this unit capable of the real-estate market and be the platform for that?

If you want to do serious multi-spectral work you’ll find success won’t come cheap. You’ll have to invest in a drone that can deliver data for several different programs and carry a capable camera. I strongly suggest a custom built Pixhawk based system for this. You could go with DJI but you would be at the mercy of their corporate programming decision making while watching your flight platform lose support after a couple years.

Thanks, I was just looking at that as a matter of fact. I'm thinking I'm going to have to ease my way into that field die to price. I'm going to stick with my Typhoon and do what I can with photography for now and build my way up to the age side. Thank you for the help.

Need help on everything needed, mainly what type of camera. I've been told I have to have a multispecteral camera, if so any ideas on the best one for the job and budget.

You might also find some information on this topic over at the Commercial Pilots forum, if you have not already looked there. There is a section devoted to agriculture, with a sub section on thermal imaging. Might find some useful information there, let alone inquiry opportunities.

Jeff

Reactions: PatR
I've already cancelled order, as much as I wanted the typhoon h it just is not going to be a good match for what I need right now. Thanks for all the help and will be looking forward to purchasing the H for my next drone

The H will do quite well in the area of Real Estate work... and if desired, the ActionGrip for the CGO3+ can be utilized to allow for, non flash interior work as well.

It will be here Tuesday but I'm second guessing it now and debating on canceling the order and going with what I didn't want just because they will do the job I need done. I have been studying drones for two months and everything I've seen has pointed me to the typhoon but if it's not going to do the 80% of my clients then I will have to look elsewhere. I hate that because I feel the H+ is a far better craft. I have clients that I do photography for as well and it will be perfect for that I was just hoping I could get the agg clients as well
Have you looked at the Ag version of the Parrot Disco?

The H will do quite well in the area of Real Estate work... and if desired, the ActionGrip for the CGO3+ can be utilized to allow for, non flash interior work as well.

In complete agreement with Eagle Eye. My two H's paid for themselves in under two months shooting houses for realtors - granted I had jobs lined up before I bought them. For RE photography they are really ideal. I'm sure an H Plus would work great also but for RE photography it would be overspending.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulrs