Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

All 3 H batterie died the same week

A volt check after charging puts it at over 16 volts. They were all working fine then one didnt stay in the air but for a couple minutes and week later the other as well and i had just purchased a s16 battery. Can they be refurbished?
Im a little too nervous to buy the GiFis after hearing so many bad things but I cant find anything else out there. I guess im stuck with whatever they sell me.

I guess im stuck with whatever they sell me.
In a previous post @Yuneec Skins announced they will be offering batteries for the Q500, H480 and H Plus/H520. But no word on when they will be available.
Are you certain your battery charger is working properly? Do you have a way to check the voltage of each cell?

Reactions: Mike Irish
A volt check after charging puts it at over 16 volts. They were all working fine then one didnt stay in the air but for a couple minutes and week later the other as well and i had just purchased a s16 battery. Can they be refurbished?
A voltage check is not enough to grant that a battery is in good condition.
If them have power (Amps...) for a couple of minutes, It means they have lost the ability to hold the charge.
You can check their real condition only measuring the internal resistance and single cells voltage.
Regarding your question : no, they cannot be refurbished, you need to replace. My suggestion is to buy Cameron Sino batteries, you can find them at www.batteryupgrade.com.

In a previous post @Yuneec Skins announced they will be offering batteries for the Q500, H480 and H Plus/H520. But no word on when they will be available.
Are you certain your battery charger is working properly? Do you have a way to check the voltage of each cell?
I have a voltmeter saying it charges to 16.8Volts

If it reads 16.8 then it's fully charged.
Check the cell voltages after charging with your meter. Then check them again several hours later and then after a flight.
If your flight time is very short then the battery has lost it's capacity on at least one cell.

Battery.jpg

A voltage check is not enough to grant that a battery is in good condition.
If them have power (Amps...) for a couple of minutes, It means they have lost the ability to hold the charge.
You can check their real condition only measuring the internal resistance and single cells voltage.
Regarding your question : no, they cannot be refurbished, you need to replace. My suggestion is to buy Cameron Sino batteries, you can find them at www.batteryupgrade.com.
Oh Cool Thanks alot. Its only $98 too
Right on Yuneec Pilots.com You guys Rock

ahh, It was too good to be true. They said they dont ship batteries to my country
Dont know where to go from here. It seems like Yuneec typhoons are on the way out. Im gonna have to retire it. I suppose batteries will only get more expensive and less reliable in the future

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me