Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

All kinds of problems with rebuild.

I guess I'll start listing and anyone can jump in with opinions or advice.
1. I crashed my Q500, bad but all circuit boards and wiring looked fine.
2. I transferred the innards to a new airframe.
3. One ESC is bad, when I power up a component on the ESC emits a puff of smoke.
4. I removed the bad ESC and now I cannot perform a motor test on the other 3 motors via the GUI, ... rather i should say, the other 3 motors test spin but not the corresponding motor that i click on in the GUI, a different motor spins.
Will the missing ESC that i removed cause this issue or is something messed up? It behaves as if i got the wires from the board to the motors swapped.
5. The GUI says "GPS sensor not found".
6. The Q500 will not be seen by the ST10+.
7. The motor status lights are solid, not blinking and the drone status light is flashing red and the drone emits... i think 5? beeps then repeats.

If someone can tell me where to find pictures of all the circuit boards and how they are connected together, that would be great, I need to see if I hooked everything up correctly.

1. Bad, but happens.
2. Yes, I did the same.
3. This was the reason why my Q500 droped from the sky. ESC burnt in 60m height. Mr. Newton ruled...
4. A lot of soldering but so far not a problem. But you MUST do ECD ID assignment after that. It means to tell the Flight Controller what ESC is located where. This may be fail when one ESC is missing. I did never test this.
5. Bad. The only thing may be the LED plug and the GPS plug are changed. Those are the only one that fits in both connectors. See my (only one, no better available) picture.
6. Create a new model and try to bind. Is the receiver connected?
7. Flashing red and 5 beeps is caused by missing GPS chip.

Q500_innen02a.jpg

I hope it helps a little bit.

br HE

1. Bad, but happens.
2. Yes, I did the same.
3. This was the reason why my Q500 droped from the sky. ESC burnt in 60m height. Mr. Newton ruled...
4. A lot of soldering but so far not a problem. But you MUST do ECD ID assignment after that. It means to tell the Flight Controller what ESC is located where. This may be fail when one ESC is missing. I did never test this.
5. Bad. The only thing may be the LED plug and the GPS plug are changed. Those are the only one that fits in both connectors. See my (only one, no better available) picture.
6. Create a new model and try to bind. Is the receiver connected?
7. Flashing red and 5 beeps is caused by missing GPS chip.

View attachment 8769

I hope it helps a little bit.

br HE
Thank you, that's about all i could find on the interwebs too, i think i figured it out, i took the top of the body with the GPS sensor in it and connected it to the main board in my other Q500, that drone started doing the same thing so I've narrowed it down to the GPS sensor, that and i have two bad ESCs.

And actually, the plug for the 2.4ghz receiver in the wing strut fits two different connections, My 2.4ghz receiver chip gets super hot, why would that be, what is the heavy clear plastic around it and what is the button on it for? of course, like a typical guy thing, I pushed the button, don't know what it did.

This blue marked plug on the picture is the right one. Never use receiver without both antennas plugged in because it is not only a receiver but also a transmitter for telemetry downlink.
Receiver.JPG
There are two chips on it. The larger one is a CC2530, ZigBee System on a chip (2,4GHz IEEE 802.15 RF transceiver). The smaller is a CC2592 (2,4GHz RF Range extender), means, some kind RF power amplifier. This one may be burnt if antenna plug is open or antenna is defect (missing 2.4mm unshielded end) and switched on. It's not a good sign if it is really hot ans a reason why it is not seen in the ST10+.

The heavy clear plastic is only for isolating the circuit board. Can be easily replaced if necessary, it's shrinking tube.

I never saw a button there. Can you post a picture? Some other receiver have a bind button, but both of my transceivers not. Strange.

br HE

I don't understand what you mean, are you saying that I need a new transceiver and a new GPS sensor?
If yes, that would be a lot of $$$$$$, plus 2 ESCs, maybe I should just sell it for parts.

Sorry, this is a misunderstanding. I'm not sitting near you, I cannot see what you do or see. What I say are some ideas what it could be, what may the reasons and what I geuss from the information that you gave. No more, no less. I may be completly wrong. Please try as much as you can do the bring the system up.
I hope my pictures help you to bring the stuff together. Of course i try to ask any question that will be raised as good as I can.
Mayby others have fresh ideas that may help better.

br HE

I also put the top of the body with good gps sensor onto the bottom of the problem drone and it still behaves the same as the one with the bad gps, i guess i just don't know where to start the process of elimination.

What says GUI if good GPS is plugged in? Still GPS is red? All pins of the plug in correct direction and fine? I have heard, pins can also be a problem and they ale small....

br HE

I’m running into same issue but comment seemed to have stopped. I transferred to a rakon heli and get 4 beeps, first 2 slow then 2 fast, main led light red. Guess it’s not initializing but have no idea why. I cleared a tiny screw from one of the motors and thought that was problem, but still beeping. Wondering if I have to reset something after the q500 didn’t initialize when it had a screw stuck to motor, which has since been cleared. I’ll keep searching forum I guess

If I remember right this is the sound for missing or defect sensors like GPS or compass.
Please check those connectors if plugged in correctly and on the right place and if the pins in the connector are not bent or broken. Also check the wires especially the one from compass.

br HE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval