Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Altitude and crash problem

I put in a repair request but seems to be stuck in their system. I have gotten no reply. I may have to just buy a new one. Love the H and definitely want another one if i cant get this one fixed.

How did you contact Yuneec? Email is ineffective... telephone is best, but later in the day on a Friday is going to be a tough one... they open at 8AM PT... calling by 8:10 PT is going to get you the shortest queue time, or getting a callback appointment.
I'd contact them first thing Monday AM.

Hey thanks for the info. I asked for a call back through there automated menu. Usually works just takes a while. Im going to push them to review my last two flight info for any problems. On the flight before my crash i was flying at full speed across a lake at 400 feet and the craft lowered itself to 200 feet until i stopped all forward motion. Did not have any battery warnings yet so cant explain that issue hoping maybe this would indicate a problem that may have contributed to my crash. Maybe wishful thinking as well. I hope to at least get them to look at my info. They already did a warranty repair to the ST16 i have and that went pretty smooth.
I also am going to explain to them that my h always veered sonewhat to the left when flying straight forward which also helped me with contacting the tree. Ever heard if that issue. Thanks for your reply. This is a great forum.

On the flight before my crash i was flying at full speed across a lake at 400 feet and the craft lowered itself to 200 feet until i stopped all forward motion.
In forward flight, the lift vector is reduced by the angle of the TH. Normally, the TH would just add more thrust to all rotors to maintain altitude. Since you are already at full power going forward, there is no reserve power to provide additional lift to maintain altitude. I would expect the TH to loose altitude in that situation.

Thanks for the info. I did do a compass calibration before my first flight in the area. I powered up the H for the first time on a wooden dock about 2 feet above the lake i was flying around. Seems this would be okay but as you know the owners manual is pretty limited.
I put in a repair request but seems to be stuck in their system. I have gotten no reply. I may have to just buy a new one. Love the H and definitely want another one if i cant get this one fixed.

Was the wooden dock supported by metal poles , and did it electrical have electrical on it , lights , outlets etc.. could have been enough to throw the compass off .

Well that does make sense just never had it happen before that I ever noticed.
Thank you.
Any incite as to why my H would not fly straight forward? Never has since i purchased it.

Was the wooden dock supported by metal poles , and did it electrical have electrical on it , lights , outlets etc.. could have been enough to throw the compass off .
No wooden dock with wooden supports. Very small dock no wiring of any sort or metal on it.

I also am going to explain to them that my h always veered somewhat to the left when flying straight forward which also helped me with contacting the tree.
Well that certainly indicates things are not right, usually that compass calibration is off / needs redoing or that the right stick on the controller might be adding input by not returning properly to center position. The latter is usually the case if you are getting unwanted drift as well. Losing height can be a symptom of an accelerometer than needs calibration too, although if you max out the speed and power, of course it can't retain its original height for the reasons mentioned above...

Last edited:
Well that certainly indicates things are not right, usually that compass calibration is off / needs redoing or that the right stick on the controller might be adding input by not returning properly to center position. The latter is usually the case if you are getting unwanted drift as well. Losing height can be a symptom of an accelerometer than needs calibration too, although if you max out the speed and power, of course it can't retain its original height for the reasons mentioned above...

Great video. I have done all the calibrations before but i always had the controller and my phone rite next to me as i was doing the compass. If i ever get mine fixed or get a new one ill folllow the advice in the video.
I beleive my control stick to be okay when i check it with the tool on the controller.

Thanks!

I beleive my control stick to be okay when i check it with the tool on the controller.
Don't let that off the hook so easily :) My hardware monitor looked fine, but one day after quite a lot of drift at landing I checked again for a much longer period of time, using the Channel settings rather than the Hardware Monitor, and that revealed that indeed, my right stick wasn't always returning to exactly center. Somewhat counter-intuitively, in my case, the actual act of testing it for a full 10 minutes with a lot of extreme movement seemed to fix it on its own, and I haven't had the problem since. But definitely investigate, and get that sorted - you can't be confident in a craft that doesn't do exactly what you tell it...

Yes great advice. Probably did not help in my crash that it does not go straight.
Really good info.
Good thing is a have a second st16 i can use if i find a problem. If only i had a spare H. Haha.
Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold