Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Altitude and crash update

Reaction score
Hi all. First posted this on July 27th.
Thanks to h elsner for his detailed analysis of my crash and ultimate drowning in a lake on my H.
Thanks to all the other helpful comments as well from all of you.
I sent my H to yuneec. They were supposed to check telemetry but they did not. Currently they are going to review it but I suspect they will find i just screwed up. Anyway they said my unit is not repairable but could sell me a refurbished unit with a battery less the remote as my remote is okay. $799.00 ouch!.

I had been watching Ebay for weeks and last friday i finally bit on a refurbished complete unit with battery and transmitter for $365.00 including a 15 percent discount ebay offered for one day only.
Looks like im back in business for a great price and happy to report objust finished a simple and successful first flight.
Sometimes it pays to be a smart shopper.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Yes i plan on getting it and the controller back once they look at the telemetry. Ill have 2 spare controllers , one ST16 and 1 ST16 plus i can sell as well to help. Oh i also forgot to mention the battery they sent me looks new but seems slightly puffed unless its just air inside the battery jacket so Ebay decided to send me a replacement battery for free .[emoji3]

Yes i plan on getting it and the controller back once they look at the telemetry. Ill have 2 spare controllers , one ST16 and 1 ST16 plus i can sell as well to help. Oh i also forgot to mention the battery they sent me looks new but seems slightly puffed unless its just air inside the battery jacket so Ebay decided to send me a replacement battery for free .[emoji3]
Good find. That's an outstanding price. The battery was puffed from sitting fully charged. That seems to happen often with refurbished units.

I think i know the answer but that puffed battery probably is not the safest to use correct? My charger does not indicate a problem when charging it. I have a team orion touch duo. Quality charger that does a battery check before its start the charge

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430