Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Amazing recovery

Reaction score
Picked up my H on Saturday (Happy Fathers Day to me!!). Took it out Sunday and was flying down the large drainage ditch behind my house. I was kinda using the controller to navigate the ditch and climbed a little to avoid a large clump of Johnson grass (about 8 feet high) prolly would have cleared it but I was trying to be sure. Unbeknownst to me was large oak tree branch hanging out above the ditch. The drone got tangled in the branches, dropped out of the tree, recovered slightly, then got tangled in the Johnson grass. Grass was flying everywhere as it tried to pull up and level itself. I was frozen in terror seeing the dollar signs flying up in the air. To my amazement the H came up victorious and hovered above the freshly mowed area. My controller started flashing two warnings about rotor failures. I looked at the drone while it hovered there and two of the blades were stopped. I flipped the return home switch and it came back and landed. The two stopped rotors were not damaged. Fearing the worst about the rotor motors I cycled the H power and presto everything powered back up with no warning lights or loss of flight control. Its official I own a Hex Bladed Hover Mower. Sadly, I have no video or pics of the event.

Reactions: Boomcaster
Picked up my H on Saturday (Happy Fathers Day to me!!). Took it out Sunday and was flying down the large drainage ditch behind my house. I was kinda using the controller to navigate the ditch and climbed a little to avoid a large clump of Johnson grass (about 8 feet high) prolly would have cleared it but I was trying to be sure. Unbeknownst to me was large oak tree branch hanging out above the ditch. The drone got tangled in the branches, dropped out of the tree, recovered slightly, then got tangled in the Johnson grass. Grass was flying everywhere as it tried to pull up and level itself. I was frozen in terror seeing the dollar signs flying up in the air. To my amazement the H came up victorious and hovered above the freshly mowed area. My controller started flashing two warnings about rotor failures. I looked at the drone while it hovered there and two of the blades were stopped. I flipped the return home switch and it came back and landed. The two stopped rotors were not damaged. Fearing the worst about the rotor motors I cycled the H power and presto everything powered back up with no warning lights or loss of flight control. Its official I own a Hex Bladed Hover Mower. Sadly, I have no video or pics of the event.

So wait, your H hovered and did an RTH with TWO props not running? Did I read that right?

I believe it was 5 and 2 but don't quote me on that I don't know the designations too well, and was watching bobble as it returned.

Wouldn't have happened if the Real Sense thingie was equipped. But according to Yuneec that won't be out till late July to late August

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430