Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

An idea for follow me mode.

Reaction score
With the release of the Wizard remote control, it seems Yuneec is willing to look at new ideas and accessories. The only thing I don't like about follow me mode is having to have a big controller (the S10+) showing in the video. It would be nice if there were a smaller "button" or box you could put in a vehicle or on a person that doesn't show in the image. The position of the Typhoon might be set and controlled by the pilot, but after that, the craft would follow the button (in a car, boat, etc.), rather than the controller. Just a thought.

With the release of the Wizard remote control, it seems Yuneec is willing to look at new ideas and accessories. The only thing I don't like about follow me mode is having to have a big controller (the S10+) showing in the video. It would be nice if there were a smaller "button" or box you could put in a vehicle or on a person that doesn't show in the image. The position of the Typhoon might be set and controlled by the pilot, but after that, the craft would follow the button (in a car, boat, etc.), rather than the controller. Just a thought.
The remote lets you do just w
That's exactly what this remote lets you do and more.

What do you think the wizard is for? It was does just that a more. It should for 200 bucks US dollars. Thats a frigen joke

Thanks, I'll look into it. I thought it was just an easy remote control, I didn't realize it could be used for follow me.

As for cost, I'm sure Yuneec has its work cut out for them for pricing. On one hand they have to price for consumers, and on the other, those shooting professionally. To me, I can pad $200 into a job without a problem.

I just purchased the yuneec 4k system and already have a few shoots lined up that the wizard would be perfect for. The release date is a bit of a mystery though.

There are stores with it in stock right now. Pony up the 200 bones & it can be yours. :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Here is the first one I found - Wizard
Amazon wanted $250!

Let us know how you like it! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
That's funny you posted that link, cuz that is exactly where I purchased it. $200 is about right for what it does although I bet it'll drop to half that in 6 months or so. I like being a pioneer!
I'll send an update once I get it-

That's funny you posted that link, cuz that is exactly where I purchased it. $200 is about right for what it does although I bet it'll drop to half that in 6 months or so. I like being a pioneer!
I'll send an update once I get it-

FilmGuy5,

How is the Wizard working for you? Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

I think it would be great if we could set a GPS center point for the Q500 to orbit. Position your Q500 over a given point to establish the center then enter the altitude, distance a speed to define the orbit... Now that would be cool !

Reactions: Colin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis