Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

And here we go again...

I’ve got 2 TH. With the exception of a flyaway which was a bad/unreliable compass all my problems were self inflicted. It cost me only $40 to replace the compass myself instead of shipping it off or arguing with Yuneec and waiting for the TH to return.

Once I learned everything I needed to know to fly the TH reliably I’ve had no real issues to speak of. I pay close attention to my flying and since my goal is video and photos I’m not hot dogging it around. I don’t fly fast as that makes lousy video and photos and I don’t try to fly miles away or set new altitude records.

Reactions: DronePastor
I have one TH. I have a Mavic pro. I have a phantom 4 pro. So far, the Typhoon is so far behind the other two it isn’t funny. DJI really puts out a great product. I’ve had zero problems with both.

The TH I’ve had fly away, and compass errors which wouldn’t allow me to calibrate, now this LED issue.

I have friends with DJI aircraft and they enjoy them. They seem easier to learn to fly and less complicated. The Mavic is prized for its portability.

I enjoy my T H and what I can do with it. I really like the ST16 controller.

I do hope for a more portable drone, perhaps the Autel EVO when it gets a 1” sensor.

I’ve never heard of anyone with an LED issue on an H like you report.

Could it be a faulty LED light? I fly almost exclusively in angle (Purple), but many times when reviewing a video of the H in flight I can see a very distinct flickering of the indicator light between blue and red and the occasional white. But while flying it appears to the human eye as a solid purple. Could the OP's problem be that; whatever alternates the LED pattern to look purple, be faulty or even the LED itself?

Yes it can be. I had one that lost purple and leaned red. It also was compass confused often with warnings but no misbehavior. I replaced the LED board and no more weird colors or flashes and compass problems. It seems the light triggers the warning and even though I knew the compass was not actually being bad, the light was annoying plus the constant clearing of the warning from the ST.

I’ve had much better luck just fixing things myself rather then deal with Yuneec even if I’m in warranty. It’s faster for getting back in the air and less frustrating. I’ve become pretty skilled at trouble shooting and I still know the design is easy repairable unlike the competition.

I see you are sitting a large concrete surface. I would guess that the rebar inside the concrete is causing some issues. Take it out side and away from metal doors (garage doors), concrete slabs that may usually contain rebar (steel) and see if it still does the same. These things are super sensitive to metal surroundings.

@daveupjr You may have some confusion between doing a RESET of the ST16 and what that means. Resetting the ST16 reloads the flight controller in the ST16 as I understand it. It does NOT change the firmware.

As an aside I've not had good luck with OTA firmware updates and have used downloading the firmware to an SD card.

@PatR Comments?
Hi
You are correct in what say.
Keith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvca441772