Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Angle mode

Can we return to angle mode once we initiated Home mode?
Yes. If you flip the switch to Home and wait until you can see the bird, just flip it back to Angle or Smart mode and take control. You can switch between modes at anytime. However, you can't take off in Home mode, because it's already home.

Is the drone front facing when on the home mode? I guess the real question is how do I figure out bird's orientation once I've lost it?

Is the drone front facing when on the home mode? I guess the real question is how do I figure out bird's orientation once I've lost it?
You can always look at the green triangle on the screen to determine fuselage orientation.
From what I remember the q500's just start backing up without turning nose or fuselage homeward when flown out of range.
If you fly out 1000 ' and lose orientation in angle mode, click into smart mode then enter watch me mode....rig Will spin around so the camera faces the operator....then you can look at the screen as you pull the right stick toward you and it will fly right back to you with the camera pointing at you the whole time.

Reactions: Steve Carr
You can always look at the green triangle on the screen to determine fuselage orientation.
From what I remember the q500's just start backing up without turning nose or fuselage homeward when flown out of range.
If you fly out 1000 ' and lose orientation in angle mode, click into smart mode then enter watch me mode....rig Will spin around so the camera faces the operator....then you can look at the screen as you pull the right stick toward you and it will fly right back to you with the camera pointing at you the whole time.
Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Steve Carr
A few ways to figure orientation:

1) Click the "Gimbal Pan Mode" switch all the way up, to "Follow Mode" and your video will be looking straight ahead from drone. Do you recognize what's in your shot?
2) There's a green arrow on the controller screen pointing toward you. Yaw the H so the arrow is pointing up, the drone nose is now aiming at you.
3) Initiate "Return Home" and let it fly closer to you and you can see the orientation. Now go back to "Angle Mode."

I love the advances in helis since I flew single rotor machines. The one thing I dislike is that compared to a 700 sized T-Rex, a multi-rotor is much harder to see orientation.

A few ways to figure orientation:

1) Click the "Gimbal Pan Mode" switch all the way up, to "Follow Mode" and your video will be looking straight ahead from drone. Do you recognize what's in your shot?
2) There's a green arrow on the controller screen pointing toward you. Yaw the H so the arrow is pointing up, the drone nose is now aiming at you.
3) Initiate "Return Home" and let it fly closer to you and you can see the orientation. Now go back to "Angle Mode."

I love the advances in helis since I flew single rotor machines. The one thing I dislike is that compared to a 700 sized T-Rex, a multi-rotor is much harder to see orientation.
Can't wait to try all these tips. The only thing that has arrived is the Itelite DBS. Still waiting on I-squared to deliver the goods.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval