Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another, less happy, adventure..

Reaction score
Today's lesson is: always do your calibrations before flying.

I thought I'd take my Breeze up last night and get some evening pictures to play with. I got her all out, set up, and ready to go. I thought about calibrations, but I said, nah, the last time I flew was right here, so it will be fine.

Up she goes, around the yard a bit, and up to take some evening sky pictures. I get a few good ones, I take some of my daughter to entertain her, and I bring it back down. I get about a foot from the ground, and I notice the controls are behaving a little funny. So I hit land... But it doesn't land. It starts rising. It goes up about 50 feet (hard to tell, since the reading on my phone was showing -12 feet for unknown reasons).

Starting to panic now, I hit return home... And off she goes...higher...and higher...and higher. It's drifting out of my yard now.

I stick my head back in the house to grab some shoes to chase it. When I come back out...it's gone. I get the family, we all spend about 30 minutes searching the woods, but no luck. I really didn't have any hope, since it was drifting out over a heavily wooded area.

So, we all gather back to the back yard where we started. I'm telling them all how it happened... And I look out and see this...
3dc1aace8e5a77d51d6ef4c5f7fa2639.jpg
a6d8b03799431f99eae3fb857456d68b.jpg

Yes, apparently at some point it dropped from the sky, and landed directly in my pool. I can't decide if I would rather this, or having not found it at all.

Eventually, I realized why this happened to me (or at least it's my best guess). The last time I flew wasn't right here. I last flew about 150 miles northwest of here, while we were camping.

Lesson learned... The dead Breeze way. Ugh.

Why is the battery sticking 1/2 way out? I cant imagine landing in a pool would cause this - something else happen?

It was quite a way up there when I lost sight of it. I'd estimate 100+ feet. I suspect a drop from that height would have caused a decent impact when it hit the surface of the water. The GPS cover was also knocked off it.

It looked like a "lost WiFi then Return Home" case.
When WiFi is lost, the drone goes up a preset altitude, flies back horizontally to above where the take-off point was then it descends.
I always tested RTH routine before flying to make sure the drone would SAFELY land where it's supposed to land; when it's notsafe to land, I'd hit STOP or Y on the controller.
The landing point was seen many times way off the take-off point. some times 10 feet away.

Sorry for the most unfortunate adventure. Use the information in this post to retrieve the flight log data, and post it here by adding “.txt” to the end of the file name.

Guide to Analyzing Breeze Cam FlightLogs - Your Data is Needed

It still could be covered under warranty.

I'm at work at the moment, and can't access the steps in your guide. I'll do that when I'm at home tomorrow with my laptop.

However, when I look at the flight log on the phone app, it shows two flights for the day of the splashdown. Both of them show location as "unknown." All of my other flights, granted there are only a few since I haven't had it long, show a location, like a street name.

I'm at work at the moment, and can't access the steps in your guide. I'll do that when I'm at home tomorrow with my laptop.

However, when I look at the flight log on the phone app, it shows two flights for the day of the splashdown. Both of them show location as "unknown." All of my other flights, granted there are only a few since I haven't had it long, show a location, like a street name.

That info comes from the GPS in your phone as opposed to the GPS from the Breeze. Even though I have Location Services enabled on my phones and Breeze Cam has permission to access it, I still end up with Unknown part of the time. Even on iOS platforms I find Breeze Cam to be somewhat unpredictable in its data collection.

Ok, so, it's Sat in rice for five days... And it's dead. Smelled like burnt electronics. Any way to recover pics before she goes back under the Walmart protection plan?

You can try powering it on. If it survives that, try connecting it to a computer via the USB cable and transfer the video files.

Hi All,
First time flyer and having a blast.... really looking forward to getting some time under my belt so I can use it for video uploads of my business. Guardian.... the protection plan you purchased for your Breeze as Walmart, was it called a "2YR RPL PLAN" on your receipt?? I bought one at the suggestion of the clerk when I bought my Breeze earlier this week but I'm not totally convinced its a "Protection" plan for incidents like you just described. If I got the wrong plan I want to get back to Wally World and get the correct one if possible. Thanx!!! Great Forum!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder