Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Antenna Question

Reaction score
Antenna question
Does my Typhoon H 480
Have to be above me
To to get a good antenna signal.
In other words, will the signal be just as good if I am flying down in a valley and the controller is above the drone.
Thanks Keith Kuhn

As long as there is a clear line of sight, it should not matter... if using the square patch antenna, you may want to point it in a more downward direction, so it is facing where the aircraft is flying.

As long as there is a clear line of sight, it should not matter... if using the square patch antenna, you may want to point it in a more downward direction, so it is facing where the aircraft is flying.

Thank you I'm going to keep that in mind.
I am using the square patch antenna.
So the too long antennas on my station 16 are for the camera ?
Thanks again Keith

Thank you I'm going to keep that in mind.
I am using the square patch antenna.
So the too long antennas on my station 16 are for the camera ?
Thanks again Keith

No No. The two long antennas are for flying the H. The SQUARE one is for the CAMERA.

Correct, @Mike Irish... adjusting the square antenna will maximize video signal... the long antennae control the aircraft.

If the H is flying at a significantly lower altitude, greater attention must also be paid to what the altitude is reading, since you will have less ability to judge distance above the ground. Do not trust the camera image either... with the wide angle aerial lenses these cameras have, like your car's side view mirror... objects are closer than they appear.

Correct, @Mike Irish... adjusting the square antenna will maximize video signal... the long antennae control the aircraft.

If the H is flying at a significantly lower altitude, greater attention must also be paid to what the altitude is reading, since you will have less ability to judge distance above the ground. Do not trust the camera image either... with the wide angle aerial lenses these cameras have, like your car's side view mirror... objects are closer than they appear.

Thanks again
Eagles I made it sound like a patch antenna took hear of my flight.
I got it now thank you.
Keith

I know the two little antennas coming out by the legs are for the flight.
But when you mentioned the patch you threw me off for a second.
Keith

Which would be a good thing, no (objects appearing closer) ? I know when I'm around trees l use the 2x for that reason with the H+ ?

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I know the two little antennas coming out by the legs are for the flight.
But when you mentioned the patch you threw me off for a second.
Keith
Hi
One thing that should not be forgotten is the type of antenna that the cgo3 + has, the cloverleaf antenna and its front placement just below the lens, therefore it is important when we talk about scope to remember that when we are best going to receive the signal from video is when the camera looks at us, however if the drone moves away from us leaving its back to the pilot the cloverleaf antenna is further away and the video signal will be compromised. this is why it is more important try to flight that the viewing angle between the st16 and the cgo3 + will be always less than 180 ° over long distances.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Hi
One thing that should not be forgotten is the type of antenna that the cgo3 + has, the cloverleaf antenna and its front placement just below the lens, therefore it is important when we talk about scope to remember that when we are best going to receive the signal from video is when the camera looks at us, however if the drone moves away from us leaving its back to the pilot the cloverleaf antenna is further away and the video signal will be compromised. this is why it is more important try to flight that the viewing angle between the st16 and the cgo3 + will be always less than 180 ° over long distances.

I am mainly concerned with the flight antenna.
Not so much video.
But I understand your point.
Thanks Keith Kuhn

Do not trust the camera image either... with the wide angle aerial lenses these cameras have, like your car's side view mirror... objects are closer than they appear.
Which would be a good thing, no (objects appearing closer) ? I know when I'm around trees l use the 2x for that reason with the H+ ?

Re-read the quote again, @johnnyb57 ... objects are closer than they appear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace