Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anti-collision lighting

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, searched the threads and only found dated material so I apologize if this is a duplicate. I'm wondering what people are using for anti-collision light and where they are mounting it. I'm flying a Typhoon H 480... Thanks!

Scott

I'm using these and they work great,

I placed them on the left/right arms by the motors.

Art

Reactions: scasanova
I use these strobe lights, I bought them on Aliexpress (China).
They are very useful because they have many colours and flashing modes you can choose (you know they must have different color from the ones in use on commercial aircrafts).
I fix them with an o-ring (included) directly on to the left and right motor arms.
Available also in the package an adesive velcro strap.
Two lights are setted up in fixed white light, mounted on the landing gear arms, pointing forward, helps to understand the position and direction of the drone during night flights.
As for all led strobes, these also have a visibility limit when used in daylight environment, but in dusk or night flight you can see them at a very long distance.

Last edited:
Are you flying under 44809 or 107? I ask because if you are flying under §107 the anti collision light has to be mounted on top and must have a flash rate that helps it be recognized as anti collision and must be visible for 3 statute miles.

If you are flying under 44809 there is more leniency in this regard. There is actually nothing that requires you to have anti collision lighting. Of course it does help you keep track of your aircraft and is highly advised you use such.

Are you flying under 44809 or 107? I ask because if you are flying under §107 the anti collision light has to be mounted on top and must have a flash rate that helps it be recognized as anti collision and must be visible for 3 statute miles.

If you are flying under 44809 there is more leniency in this regard. There is actually nothing that requires you to have anti collision lighting. Of course it does help you keep track of your aircraft and is highly advised you use such.
Flying under 107. Thank you for mentioning that because I have not been able to find anything definitively stating where the strobe must be mounted. I've seen a lot of advertisements showing them on top or front facing but haven't been able to find any concrete guidance.

The reason for top mounting is that most crewed aircraft would be above yours and it needs to be visible 360 degrees around the aircraft.

Don't know if there in the US there's any other rule about drone's lights ...here in Italy and Europe, the colours and the flashing rate must be different from the ones of aeronautical use (meaning all other aircrafts and helicopters).

I use these strobe lights, I bought them on Aliexpress (China).
They are very useful because they have many colours and flashing modes you can choose (you know they must have different color from the ones in use on commercial aircrafts).
I fix them with an o-ring (included) directly on to the left and right motor arms.
Available also in the package an adesive velcro strap.
Two lights are setted up in fixed white light, mounted on the landing gear arms, pointing forward, helps to understand the position and direction of the drone during night flights.
As for all led strobes, these also have a visibility limit when used in daylight environment, but in dusk or night flight you can see them at a very long distance.
Ulanzi makes good lighting I use a lot of their lighting These are great just received mine today very bright very reasonable at Amazon 17.00 eac. I will replace rubber band with a
real O ring for safety.

Thanks for sharing item

Last edited:
Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430