Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Any news on the pilot app for Android

Reaction score
Has anyone flying the Mantis Q found a fix to the whole phone not showing the camera aka blank screen its still able to take photos and video but there is no feed to the phone itself best I can tell it's and android specific problem. Is Yuneec still alive on this issue as ive read of similar cases but each thread ended with no resolve all reported cases were in 2019 were now 4 months in to 2020 so hoping there is a solid answer as all suggested fixes have been tried.

Has anyone flying the Mantis Q found a fix to the whole phone not showing the camera aka blank screen its still able to take photos and video but there is no feed to the phone itself best I can tell it's and android specific problem. Is Yuneec still alive on this issue as ive read of similar cases but each thread ended with no resolve all reported cases were in 2019 were now 4 months in to 2020 so hoping there is a solid answer as all suggested fixes have been tried.
Yuneec Customer Support in the US is missing in action. Not sure if they totally closed up shop in the US or they are just closed due to the lockdown in California.

The best course of action is to use the app itself to report the problem. That sends the information to the developers of the app.

Very strange. I noticed just now that they pulled the app. Luckily I was able to install it on my new phone through Samsung SmartSwitch. But is there now any other way to operate the drones with a different app? I also noticed that in my version, the option to film with 2k EIS is also removed. I'm quite confused what happened now.

The app is available for download on the Yuneec website and has been for awhile now.

Well I did just that via the app and with no feedback figured id look here for answers as well to try and find a solution to this silly issue literally everything works with the exception the app won't display the camera feed for android device's.
Yuneec Customer Support in the US is missing in action. Not sure if they totally closed up shop in the US or they are just closed due to the lockdown in California.

The best course of action is to use the app itself to report the problem. That sends the information to the developers of the app.

What version of Android are you running on your device? I believe this became an issue when people started upgrading to Android 10.

You are not alone, I guess it’s time to start plastering videos of the blank screens on YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, and other social media outlets. Maybe everyone can shame them into fixing it. Seems it has been like that since Christmas time.

Reactions: AZflyer83
You are not alone, I guess it’s time to start plastering videos of the blank screens on YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, and other social media outlets. Maybe everyone can shame them into fixing it. Seems it has been like that since Christmas time.
I love yuneec but they definitely gotta keep with the game their best selling point was the st16 controller as it was an all in one they should run with with that noone likes using a cell phone or apps as the go to anyway.

Last edited:
Well I did just that via the app and with no feedback figured id look here for answers as well to try and find a solution to this silly issue literally everything works with the exception the app won't display the camera feed for android device's.

What is the latest Pilot app version plse. I have 2.0.4 on my phone

Both iOS and Android are v2.0.4. The Android version has to be downloaded from the Yuneec website. It no longer appears on the PlayStore or on APKPure.

Reactions: mickscull
I just got my refurbed Q and was worried about this. I have a note 9 on Android 10. A post on slickdeals where I found the drone listed the link below to get the latest version on the app. It is 2.0.4, which is the same is yuneec's site. I downloaded it from below and my feed works fine.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I got my refurb yesterday and sorta panic when my camera feed was also blank but could see all the details and it too recorded pics and vids.

I found that the remote came with a tiny cord to charge the remote itself but is not an actual usb3.0 to usbC cord I changed to an actual usb3 cable and the camera worked!

I got my refurb yesterday and sorta panic when my camera feed was also blank but could see all the details and it too recorded pics and vids.

I found that the remote came with a tiny cord to charge the remote itself but is not an actual usb3.0 to usbC cord I changed to an actual usb3 cable and the camera worked!
Thank you for that update. That is very enlightening!

The fix for me was to use my old phone. I have a pixel 3, and I selected "allow only when app is in use" for some of the permissions. I'm pretty sure android shuts something down the drone needs for the display. So I grabbed my old cracked Pixel 2 and gave the app full permissions on all the questions, and now I have the display.

I have the same problem and it's hella annoying. A friend got a dji and it's far more... Working as it should I'll say. Granted the dji is more expensive. I've tried everything but the camera feed just won't stream to my phone.

I have the same problem and it's hella annoying. A friend got a dji and it's far more... Working as it should I'll say. Granted the dji is more expensive. I've tried everything but the camera feed just won't stream to my phone.
Make sure the cable from the controller to your phone is data capable. If you can use the cable to transfer data between your phone and a computer then it should work. A plain charging cable will not get the job done.

I'm having the same issue, on the wi-fi option I have no video source too. I tested with a usb 3.0 cable, I could download de pictures of the drone using the app, but have no video source for flying

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval