Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone know how to downgrade ST-10(+) System firmware?

WTFDproject

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I am working on a project that essentially involves downgrading the current version of ST-10+ System firmware to either an ST-10 version, or at least to the first version of ST-10+. I can downgrade the transmitter firmware with no issue. When I try to downgrade the SYSTEM firmware, the system makes several attempts, then fails to the android robot error screen. There are some selections on that screen that MAY force the downgrade, but there is no apparent way to trigger the options (no equivalent to an "enter" key).
I can trigger the factory reset, but it just brings back the same version already present. That, in spite the fact I installed both mainboard and WiFi board from an ST-10 in hopes of getting the correct factory version, but no luck. The "factory reset" files are apparently not on either of these boards. A second question would be; Does anyone know where the factory files are stored in the ST-10 series controller?

I will be off-line for several hours after I post this. Please excuse any delays if you request more info and I don't respond immediately.

Big chance You have seen but Ima try anyways, if not then maybe its helpful for You.

Big chance You have seen but Ima try anyways, if not then maybe its helpful for You.

Yeah. I've watched that video a couple times. He gets the process wrong, and the link he provides doesn't isn't even controller firmware. (It's the drone firmware for a Q500). In his video, he starts with a controller that is already AT the version he claims to be downgrading too, and claims it is at the target level because he already ran the downgrade. Then after nothing really happens, he simply says, " but it would have worked if the firmware were later". Not the kind of work that I should have put any trust in, but I tried it his way anyway, (using the real firmware). It didn't work.

But thanks for sending me the link. I appreciate the effort to help. I'm lost on this one.

Yeah. I've watched that video a couple times. He gets the process wrong, and the link he provides doesn't isn't even controller firmware. (It's the drone firmware for a Q500). In his video, he starts with a controller that is already AT the version he claims to be downgrading too, and claims it is at the target level because he already ran the downgrade. Then after nothing really happens, he simply says, " but it would have worked if the firmware were later". Not the kind of work that I should have put any trust in, but I tried it his way anyway, (using the real firmware). It didn't work.

But thanks for sending me the link. I appreciate the effort to help. I'm lost on this one.
I installed b42c firmware on my st10 yesterday. But i read that b42c firmware had range issues so I might be in same boat as You and need to downgrade lol

Edit: has the secret factory menu for st10 been useful for You downgrading ?

Last edited:
[QUOTE=" has the secret factory menu for st10 been useful for You downgrading ?
[/QUOTE]
No. I can't get the secret menu from the button inside the headphone jack to turn on. The other secret menu, from tapping on the "android version", has lots of stuff, but none of it works to downgrade. The "factory reset" options are not true factory resets. They only delete the data and settings you have added, and return you to the currently installed firmware revision.

[QUOTE=" has the secret factory menu for st10 been useful for You downgrading ?
No. I can't get the secret menu from the button inside the headphone jack to turn on. The other secret menu, from tapping on the "android version", has lots of stuff, but none of it works to downgrade. The "factory reset" options are not true factory resets. They only delete the data and settings you have added, and return you to the currently installed firmware revision.
[/QUOTE]
Ive messaged drone repair shop from Estonia about your problem, waiting for reply from them.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Thank you. They may know something really useful.
Hello again. This is the email I got.

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer. I talked to the technician and the answer to the question "Can You downgrade ST10/ST10+ firmware?" is no. The only possible solution that might work, is to take the memory card attached to motherboard of some older ST10 RC and then put it on Your RC and flash it. But also this not might work.

If You have any further questions, we are happy to help!

It's good they at least replied. I hear many complaints of emails and messages that are never answered at all. Thanks for getting in touch with them.

It's good they at least replied. I hear many complaints of emails and messages that are never answered at all. Thanks for getting in touch with them.
This email is from droon.ee drone repair service from Estonia. Those are the same fellas that told me about delay when q500 has ESc versions are mixed. And they hooked me up with a new v04 esc. Ive sent email to yuneec technical support a long time ago and still havent gotten a reply lol.

Did you ever actually fly the Q500 with three version 4 and one version 5? It would be interesting to have a second review of the combination.

Mine seems to fly Ok with the mixture, but I plan to change out the mixture to a full set of Version 5 as a "rainy day" project sometime.

Did you ever actually fly the Q500 with three version 4 and one version 5? It would be interesting to have a second review of the combination.

Mine seems to fly Ok with the mixture, but I plan to change out the umixture to a full set of Version 5 as a "rainy day" project sometime.
No. The v05 blew p channel mosfets while testing motors (without props) pretty fast. Still to this day im not sure why it blew... But the new v04 esc is working with no problem at all.

That's sounds like one of the typical ESC failures modes. The little sequencing chip on the ESC gets out of step, and closes both positive side and negative sides at the same time. If you replace the mosfet(s) that blow, the corresponding mosfet blows when you power it back up. It will repeat the pattern, back and forth, until you finally give up. The little sequencing processor is difficult to change out because of it's size, and is often not the only problem.

After replacing the mosfets I did try to fly it and it would be successful EXCEPT previous owner was flying in mode 1 while i thought im in mode 2 aaaaaand when pressing the left joystick to lift up, it actually tilted and broke propellers lol

After replacing the mosfets I did try to fly it and it would be successful EXCEPT previous owner was flying in mode 1 while i thought im in mode 2 aaaaaand when pressing the left joystick to lift up, it actually tilted and broke propellers ( and mosfet blew again ofcourse) lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan