Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

App update 1.2.5

So 1.2.9 again force us to fw update. No way - one star rating on play store with bad comment. I do not belive to Camera 2.0.11F after complete WiFi losts.
So for now FCV 1.1.2 ESC 1.0.3 Camera 1.0.2F and app 1.1.9.
Flying only in pilot mode so I do not care about not working follow me etc.
Two days ago arrived USB WiFi extender (Comfast CF-WR371AC) and it helps a lot..
No other experiments with app, firmware etc. I do not want reflash it again and again to 1.0.2F

I installed it and it forced me again to update my Breeze.
With my workaround above you can again disable the update (and maybe dont get into the trouble with the reduced camera view).
But I did not try the APP with flying. With the last update everything (expect fpv on Nougat) worked without a update of the Breeze.

hi
i had a update on my mobile android from marshmallow to nougat and now can not use my fpv contoller it resets the breeze app back to the start.
is it the nougat firmware on my mobile or what?

Same for me. On Android 5 everything, in Android 7.1 fpv not. I have to use goggle mode. Or Start the APP about 10 times.
So no difference to the update from last week ...

I
Same for me. On Android 5 everything, in Android 7.1 fpv not. I have to use goggle mode. Or Start the APP about 10 times.
So no difference to the update from last week ...
I think I might downgrade back to marshmallow firmware see if it fixes it

I have been having the same problem for months. Tried my wife's iphone last night and it was flawless.
Even with live streaming. These guys really need to get this working... it's drone flying season already!

Reactions: airborne
There seem to be two hotspots of trouble: The BreezeCam App in different versions of android OS. Version 1.1.9 of the app and android 5.x seem to be a good and reliable match. The wifi and follow me related hiccups are caused by crappy firmware. Depending on which continent you live different firmware versions might be best. In Europe the Cam Version 1.0.2(F) give best results in connectivity. The downside is that Follow Me would not work. From what I can read here and elsewhere FPV and controller related faults seem to concentrate in the US (A) versions of the firmware - and these also seem to be related to android noughat.

As Brent D mentioned, the season is beginning and the boys (and girls) at Yuneec should put in some extra shifts to rectify the bugs in app and firmware.

Reactions: Brent D
There seem to be two hotspots of trouble: The BreezeCam App in different versions of android OS. Version 1.1.9 of the app and android 5.x seem to be a good and reliable match. The wifi and follow me related hiccups are caused by crappy firmware. Depending on which continent you live different firmware versions might be best. In Europe the Cam Version 1.0.2(F) give best results in connectivity. The downside is that Follow Me would not work. From what I can read here and elsewhere FPV and controller related faults seem to concentrate in the US (A) versions of the firmware - and these also seem to be related to android noughat.

As Brent D mentioned, the season is beginning and the boys (and girls) at Yuneec should put in some extra shifts to rectify the bugs in app and firmware.
No. It is definetly not the firmware but the app.
I updated from Android 5 to 7 without changing anything in my Breeze and FPV stopped working. I have to start the app several times.
I am using a F firmware (Europe/ Germany).

No. It is definetly not the firmware but the app.
I updated from Android 5 to 7 without changing anything in my Breeze and FPV stopped working. I have to start the app several times.
I am using a F firmware (Europe/ Germany).
We can not blame only Yuneec, there is lot of bugs in firmware and app, but I suppose that really weak point is phone or tablet antenna with low gain and often metal phone body etc. It is not determined for this kind relative long distance of outdoor use. Also 5.8G is meant for high speed on short distance.
Differences between android 5 and 7 can be caused by different power saving strategy or WiFi power control..
I using only pilot mode and S5 with android 5.1 is worse than S5 with Lineage OS 14.1 (android 7.1).
This is from my point of view why WiFi extender helps a lot. Not only higher tx power but also antenna with better gain for rx..

I have no problem with wifi range on Nougat or on Android 5 - only with never firmwares I had bad wifi range. That is why I use an older firmware ;-)
I can fly into the geofence with livestream - but most of the time only in goggles mode and not fpv mode when using the controller.Or is control the Breeze by mobile, which also works. And that's the point - why can I see the livestream in mobile mode (without app restart) but not in fpv mode?!?

Over the weekend I noticed an update to my Breeze app to 1.2.5 (Android)

Anyone else have it or tried it?

Hello, I feel this discussion and I would like to share with my experiences.
A month ago, I decided between ZEROTECH Dobby Pocket Selfie Drone or YUNEEC BREEZE. I bought Breeze.
I do not know whether I did the right thing. I have problems similar to WiFi. I filed a breeze with a vendor.
It uploads the firmware and everything works. However, I warn about: When connecting to the dron from the phone (tablet), run the application and do not disconnect - it is necessary to shut down the dron first, then end the application. Wait for about 3 minutes and then reconnect. It will work. Whether I do not think I'll be upgrading in my case.

On version software:

Client ver: 1.1.9
Flight Control: 1.0.0
ESC ver: 1.0.3
Vertical Camera: 1.0.2 (F)

Peter Navoy

We can not blame only Yuneec, there is lot of bugs in firmware...
Yuneec could've provided a proprietary controller with a range of couple of kilometres, like they do for bigger drones and like other manufactures do - they have an option of Wi-Fi control by a phone with a short range and a controller with extended range.

Reactions: FCUAV
Anyone test 1.2.9 yet?
Ok, so I have now completed several(>10) flights with Client V1.2.9, Flying Control V1.1.2, ESC V1.0.3, Camera V2.0.11(F) European version using a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Nougat and my observations are as follows:-
1.) All flight modes work as expected including 'Follow Me'. Not tried FPV as I don't have a controller.

2.) The indoor/outdoor WiFi option I had previously in V1.1.9 has gone.

3.) The option (gear icon) to select the exposure compensation is still greyed out and unavailable.

4.) After switch on, the drone takes much longer for the WiFi to appear (a couple of minutes) whereas it was at least three times faster before. On the plus side it will always be found - eventually!!

6.) In some flight modes the app. crashes and disappears. Running it again so allows you to pick up where you left off whilst the drone hovers patiently.

6.) Finally, and most worryingly, the WiFi can be lost at any time during the flight. The first couple of times were near the edge of its range so I wasn't too worried. The most recent time, the drone was only a couple of metres from me and just out of reach. The battery was around 80%. As the WiFi is sooo slooow now to find, the drone got fed up/worried and initiated its Return To Home sequence by rising up to my preset height of 10m, flying back over to the launch point and then waiting at full height (10m), presumably until, I either re-connected or the battery was low enough to initiate an auto land.
However, as I waited helplessly for the it to appear in the WiFi list, the drone started to drift (there was little wind so I don't know why and drifting is very unusual in my experience) and drifted about 3 metres right into a tree. Needless to say just as I reconnected, the prop. protectors were overwhelmed, the motor(s) stalled and it crashed down to the ground breaking three protectors but otherwise OK.

In conclusion, the loss of the WiFi plus the large amount of time to re-connect (and the weird drift) makes this drone with this software version untrustworthy except in large open spaces with nothing bad underneath to land on. Unless another new version comes along soon, I will probably be reverting back to an earlier version. Also, the Play Store changelog of 'Fixed some bugs' is woefully inadequate when talking about such a complex bit of machinery. Why can't Yuneec let us know what they have done between each version so we can make more informed decisions about what we fly?

My experience with wifi issues is that up to cam version 2.0.4(F) the breeze connects only in band 1, the lower channels of the 5GHz range. This observation is independent of the version of the app. The downside are lags in the video stream.

There is a problem with the nougat firmware, and cant use my fpv controller! I tested using my nexus tablet that does not have nougat software with fpv controller and works normal like my mobile used to before i updated to nougat. so its the nougat software that is not compatible! Yuneec need to come up with another update to fix this problem?

Reactions: Awey
Yuneec could've provided a proprietary controller with a range of couple of kilometres, like they do for bigger drones and like other manufactures do - they have an option of Wi-Fi control by a phone with a short range and a controller with extended range.
I totally agree! We are a small drone shop and decided to carry the Breeze, Im not so sure now this was a good idea. Charged up a battery for the Breeze and downloaded the app and found it would not connect because as I found out you have to have a phone with duel band wifi. We bought the fpv controller but found that it was totally useless as it uses the phones wifi for control. And to top it off found this forum with all the issues with the Breeze.
Im now reconsidering carrying this drone, very discouraging....

Ok, so I have now completed several(>10) flights with Client V1.2.9, Flying Control V1.1.2, ESC V1.0.3, Camera V2.0.11(F) European version using a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Nougat and my observations are as follows:-
1.) All flight modes work as expected including 'Follow Me'. Not tried FPV as I don't have a controller.

2.) The indoor/outdoor WiFi option I had previously in V1.1.9 has gone.

3.) The option (gear icon) to select the exposure compensation is still greyed out and unavailable.

4.) After switch on, the drone takes much longer for the WiFi to appear (a couple of minutes) whereas it was at least three times faster before. On the plus side it will always be found - eventually!!

6.) In some flight modes the app. crashes and disappears. Running it again so allows you to pick up where you left off whilst the drone hovers patiently.

6.) Finally, and most worryingly, the WiFi can be lost at any time during the flight. The first couple of times were near the edge of its range so I wasn't too worried. The most recent time, the drone was only a couple of metres from me and just out of reach. The battery was around 80%. As the WiFi is sooo slooow now to find, the drone got fed up/worried and initiated its Return To Home sequence by rising up to my preset height of 10m, flying back over to the launch point and then waiting at full height (10m), presumably until, I either re-connected or the battery was low enough to initiate an auto land.
However, as I waited helplessly for the it to appear in the WiFi list, the drone started to drift (there was little wind so I don't know why and drifting is very unusual in my experience) and drifted about 3 metres right into a tree. Needless to say just as I reconnected, the prop. protectors were overwhelmed, the motor(s) stalled and it crashed down to the ground breaking three protectors but otherwise OK.

In conclusion, the loss of the WiFi plus the large amount of time to re-connect (and the weird drift) makes this drone with this software version untrustworthy except in large open spaces with nothing bad underneath to land on. Unless another new version comes along soon, I will probably be reverting back to an earlier version. Also, the Play Store changelog of 'Fixed some bugs' is woefully inadequate when talking about such a complex bit of machinery. Why can't Yuneec let us know what they have done between each version so we can make more informed decisions about what we fly?
Well, this certainly doesn't instill confidence or provide "easy, safe or social" as Yuneec says....Very disappointing. I have two of these in our store and am loosing all confidence in this drone, to bad....

Reactions: Awey
Problem z łącznością WI FI po wgraniu najnowszego programų. Dron Tydzień w naprawie. Yuneec MA Nie rozwiązany problem, ZE sterowaniem. Zabawka zrobić Czasu Rozwiązania Problemu bezużyteczna.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots