Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

App update 1.2.5

Reaction score
Over the weekend I noticed an update to my Breeze app to 1.2.5 (Android)

Anyone else have it or tried it?

THANKS

Yes i tried it. When you allow connection of your device running Breeze Cam to internet it force you to install latest firmware and you can not fly until you do it.
If you want to stay on older firmware make sure you have older apk backup to revert it. Or only run it without internet connection.
On rooted device you can disable (edit "versionForced" line versionInfo.xml in apk shared preferences) update request until you allow your device with running Breeze Cam internet conncetion again.

Reactions: Brent D
After updating to Breeze Cam 1.2.5 almost imediately a firmware upgrade did take place. So I have camVersion 2.0.11(F), FCV remained at 1.1.2 and ESC at 1.0.3. So what changed besides the numbers?

In a nutshell: nothing changed for the better, some problems persist and WiFi connectivity deteriorated. Outdoor mode comes on by default and takes ages to connect - if ever. Indoor mode can be selected but drone and smartphone would never pair. You have to reset the drone and fall back to outdoor.

Follow me still does not do what it is supposed to do in the android world.

Yuneec must have changed a lot internally in the WiFi subsystem. There an erratic switching in the lower 5 GHz Band (Chan. 34 upwards) can be observed so the edimax br 6288 acl became useless. So bye bye to 80 m up and 100 m away. The videostream is laggy and drops completely at a distance of 50 m.

So for the time being it is only the superb quality of the videos and the outstanding image stabilisation (in the price range of the breeze) that make me keep the breeze.

Reactions: Brent D
I tried Breeze Cam 1.2.5 on my Nexus 5. The first thing I noticed when I connected it said I was in a height limiting zone and restricting my height to 20m. I tried the Follow-me feature. There is now a message on the phone saying "GPS signal not accurate enough". A few times the message disappeared, then the drone did move and follow me. Unfortunately it could not lock on my image and rotated 360 degrees. Also the video was very laggy - which is extremely annoying. I had no problems with the other modes.

I tried Breeze Cam 1.2.5 on my Nexus 5. The first thing I noticed when I connected it said I was in a height limiting zone and restricting my height to 20m. I tried the Follow-me feature. There is now a message on the phone saying "GPS signal not accurate enough". A few times the message disappeared, then the drone did move and follow me. Unfortunately it could not lock on my image and rotated 360 degrees. Also the video was very laggy - which is extremely annoying. I had no problems with the other modes.
It would be interesting to know where this warning message occured and how far away from the next airport you were. The geofences are put up by yuneec in a rather sinplistic way: Take the published coordinates of any airport, draw a circle of 6 km round it and you have your geofence.This is done around any airport be it an international airport or an airstrip for gliders. If you are closer than 30 km to an airport you get a warning but no restrictions. The hight restriction you mention is completely new to me.

I noticed the height limit too yesterday as well. I am just inside the 5K circle

I noticed the height limit too yesterday as well. I am just inside the 5K circle
5 k as in 5 kilometers? Do you refer to the airmap posted on the yuneec website?
So how is the procedure? Inside the brown circle = no fly
outside the brown circle (to what extent?) = fly with 20 m hight restriction.
Everwhere else = no restrictions at all.
Is this the way yuneecs geofence behaves?
If so I'd rather like to comment on this from the point of view of a FSAC pilot. On the other hand you have so many different legislations even in the EU. In Austria the breeze counts as a toy and would (theoretically) be allowed to fly even within class D airspace up to 30 m height. On the other hand yuneec's geofence does know nothing about LO-D or LO-R areas, which I am most grateful about because they are quite frequent here in my area.

Does anyone can supply the old app (apk)? I had less problem with the app before the last update to 1.2.5 which seems to be real rubbish.

I reloaded app vers ion 1.19 which seems to work even with the updated breeze firmware. I didn't check the range yet. App version 1.2.5 is total crap.

By the way, the compass calibration does not work with app version 1.2.5 anymore.
It does not work on android devices, but still works on iOS.I checked it myself. Couldn't calibrate on android when tried before flight. When in air breeze behaved really erratic. Then tried calibration on Ipad and succeed. No more desperate moves. There was also a big lag on FPV - 7-8 SECONDS!! After restarting breeze several times it seems better. I noticed after 1.2.5 update I have to wait twice as long to connect breeze with my phone. It used to be a red light when switching on (when looking inside through one of the arms) and a few moments later green (wi-fi paring). Now is red, white, sometimes blue and finally green. Only checked in pilot mode so far, I haven't tested other modes.

I am unable to enter CALIBRATION on my Android phone. After the updates and deleting and downloading the Breeze App again, things seem normal, except pressing the CALIBRATION button does nothing. Thanks for the suggestion, I will try the iPad to see if I can calibrate with that.

What a mess this 'update' is. The view from the camera is now bordered so around 30-40% less visible. Connection to wifi from any device is now sporadic at best, and virtually gone. It's made the breeze unusable.

I installed it and it forced me again to update my Breeze.
With my workaround above you can again disable the update (and maybe dont get into the trouble with the reduced camera view).
But I did not try the APP with flying. With the last update everything (expect fpv on Nougat) worked without a update of the Breeze.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss