Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Armature Radio Operators

Reaction score
Some of you may know what this is?
It belong to my father who passed away 2+ years ago.
He was ASA. and involved with the U2 Project.
5 Bronze Stars,
As far as I know it still works, I can see the tubes light up and hear a station or two.
I do not have a tower with antenna so not sure what reception capabilities it has?

CQ, CQ,CQ. This is what heard from operators around the world. My dad's set up allowed him to talk just about any where in the world.
I don't want to disclose his call sign at this time, due to the info below.
What is it worth?
I have post cards from inside USSR operatives, and behind the Iron Curtain with their call sign, during the very early 60's

Attachments

• 2964.jpg
    2964.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Boy, that's an oldie. Nice old HF (high frequency) AKA "short wave" rig. Nice piece of nostalgia there.

Here's what a new top of the line looks like:

FTDX5000 Poster.gif

How hard it is to get a HAM lic? Recently been interested, due to the flow of the market favoring FPV drones. And the FCC has more gumption vs the FAA. The FCC fine is REAL, holy smokes....

How hard it is to get a HAM lic? Recently been interested, due to the flow of the market favoring FPV drones. And the FCC has more gumption vs the FAA. The FCC fine is REAL, holy smokes....

Not terribly difficult. This will answer some questions:

Reactions: RPR
Not terribly difficult. This will answer some questions:

many thanks

What is it worth?
Good question. It is just a receiver so it's value is somewhat limited. However it does have collector value. If you have make & model I might be able to put a value on it.

I have a collection of radios, both old and new and I am an active HAM.. This is my set up with my Yaesu FT2000D.
ScreenHunter_4215 Jan. 22 19.14.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AH-1G
Good question. It is just a receiver so it's value is somewhat limited. However it does have collector value. If you have make & model I might be able to put a value on it.

I have a collection of radios, both old and new and I am an active HAM.. This is my set up with my Yaesu
View attachment 16393

I can't tell what brand it is either. No idea what it might be worth.

I'm a Yaesu guy too. Have not done much HF despite having general. I have too many antenna restrictions, gotta love the HOAs!! :mad:
I've got a FTM-400 and FT-70 as my main radios now. Two 400's, one in my vehicle and one as a base in the house. I recently started messing around with an AllStar node, that's been some fun. Ham radio is a big world, lots of cool stuff to do!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49