Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Assistance As To What 3D Printing Design software everyone usually uses and which one is easiest?

Reaction score
Ok so I'm wanting to design a few small brackets for my H to possibly act as LED Light sockets on it & I'm just curious to know what 3D Printer Design Software is used by all of you that do 3D printing & which one is easiest. For instance I already have Autodesk Inventor but that seems to be pretty difficult & I don't really need to have my design all tested for how it may work I just want to design things Thanks Tom C

I use Sketchup - which used to be free from Google. I think you can now use Sketchup Make which does the same job. It's a very easy tool to get started with, but if you want to do complicated models, you have to get used to using guide-lines to accurately place stuff.

I use Onshape. It even has apps for iPad. Lots of tutorials online and fairly easy to learn on.

I don't know what you mean by a 3D printer design software. That's usually a two stage work.
CAD to do 3D models and for that I use Rhino5. Then export to stl.
Slice, to slice the model and export printing files usually in G code. For that I use MatterControl and Cura.
Results change a lot from one software to another, especially on slicers side.
Ric

I use Onshape. It even has apps for iPad. Lots of tutorials online and fairly easy to learn on.
I had a quick look at that one: interesting, thanks to point to it.
Just got a little panic when I did see the "tree", which looks very like to Sourcetree. I get in panic every time I have to use it = : D
Ric

I incorrectly assumed OP understood that there are several phases. Thanks for pointing out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33