Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Auto disarm fail

Reaction score
Did a little flying this evening tinkering with our CGOET. Flawless flight until I touched down. The auto disarm for the motors didn't work an she throttled up just enough that it almost tipped over backwards. I corrected with a little throttle input myself, set it back level and manually shut it down with start/stop button. All firmware is current and this is a first time seeing this type problem. It did give an error stating something to the effect of, WARNING auto disarm fail.

• Wow
Reactions: Steve Carr
I don't know much about the H520. But I notice the manual, on page 15, says always be ready to use the throttle to shutdown the motors if auto disarm fails. Being something of a cynic, I would interpret that as Yuneec's way of saying "this stuff doesn't always work right". I wonder how common this event is for other H520 pilots?

Landing.JPG

I don't know much about the H520. But I notice the manual, on page 15, says always be ready to use the throttle to shutdown the motors if auto disarm fails. Being something of a cynic, I would interpret that as Yuneec's way of saying "this stuff doesn't always work right". I wonder how common this event is for other H520 pilots?

View attachment 21022
Seems to me like a broken pot meter.
Realy,,as a yuneec dealer i never heard of this probem befor.
My advice is to call Yuneec and tell them the problem.
Perhaps they have a clear answer.

Btw.
Nothing in the world is always working righ, sometimes it happens.
So lets learn from it for the future.

Stay healthy and keepon flying everyone

Reactions: Forrestt
Did a little flying this evening tinkering with our CGOET. Flawless flight until I touched down. The auto disarm for the motors didn't work an she throttled up just enough that it almost tipped over backwards. I corrected with a little throttle input myself, set it back level and manually shut it down with start/stop button. All firmware is current and this is a first time seeing this type problem. It did give an error stating something to the effect of, WARNING auto disarm fail.

I had never heard of it, but the fact that they have put it in the manual, I don't remember seeing it, means that it may be more normal than we think.

I would try calibrating the transmitter to solve a hypothetical case that the stick stays a little high and it doesn't disarm by itself.

Reactions: Forrestt
I had never heard of it, but the fact that they have put it in the manual, I don't remember seeing it, means that it may be more normal than we think.

I would try calibrating the transmitter to solve a hypothetical case that the stick stays a little high and it doesn't disarm by itself.
Thanks, good idea.

@Forrestt,

Are you saying the motors went to idle upon landing, but did not shut off?

If this is the scenario, I doubt the pots or calibration had anything to do with this. The pots and all are fine in that the aircraft sensed the landing and idled the motors.

The follow up is that whatever controls to auto shutdown (complete stop) of the motors did not engage. This should be the same control sequence employed when one arms the motors and just lets them idle. They will auto shut off after a few seconds.

Note in this scenario of starting the motors; auto shut-off, the throttle has not been touched, at least not enough to rev the motors above idle.

I would be hesitant to mess with calibrations. That is, until it is confirmed they have some effect of the auto disarm function.

Jeff

Last edited:
I still have not determined what happened as I have went through probably 10 more flights without a hiccup. All I can do at this point is continue to fly and and always have it in the back of my mind that it could happen again. I appreciate all the feedback friends. Safe flying to ya!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss