Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Auxiliary lights for drones

The very beginning reminded me of a deep dive on the bottom of Possum Kingdom Lake......drop down to the bottom of the cliffs then head out toward the river bottom.... just a flat, dark expanse of moonscape.....90’, cold and dark.

Reactions: VeHum
I think that it would be awesome to control the lights via the landing gear.

A mercury switch could turn them off when the gear is up, and on when the gear is down.

Anyone tried this?

I was thinking about using the controllable front lights. As retracting the landing gear can cause some potential problems regarding the mounting of a payload in center of gravity.
Using a LUX sensor to control a transistor who can handle the load of the lights could be a DIY start.

The lights I used has a radio receiver included and I'm starting next week to develop the remote controller and mounts with a controllable tilt function. By developing a small separate controller the lights can be mounted on any drones capable to lift the weight.

If anyone has opinions about features and can test prototypes just send me a PM and we can see what we can do.

Oh, I'm surprised nobody called the cops saying, an alien ship is outside trying to beam me up.:rolleyes:
Haha, one of the advantages of living in Norway. The police only show up if its a life or death situation. The one neighbor actually came outside to enjoy the fireworks. But he's 92 years old and had never seen a drone before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss