Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

b4ufly and Action Required anywhere I go.. and the future

Reaction score
I was flying my drone for weeks before I learned about the b4ufly app and I was wow.. I am within 5 miles from an airport. The problem now anywhere I go in the city the app notifies me 'Action Required' because I am within 5 miles from an airport. When I look and see what airport are near by, it's not a real airport with a tower. It can be a hospital or business center or building. I guess some business structures can accept helicopters to land near by.

Now this is becoming a real nuisance because first.. these 'airports' are everywhere and I can't find a spot inside the city that's not near an 'airport' unless I drive at least 30 minutes to be outside the city limits... second I am not sure who to call if it's not a real airport. Building manager? Hospital management office? I have never seen a helicopter near these business centers.

What if I am 3+ miles from these non real airports.. do these helicopters fly below 400 feet that far from their landing areas?

Let's say I call the tower of a real airport and tell them about my location, height of flight and duration, there must be a reason for this. Are they going to use this information and tell airplane pilots about me and my drone? And is the pilot going to do not fly below 400 ft anywhere near me?

What if I am flying the drove just above the treetops or cell towers? Airplanes/helis don't fly that low.

Last.. when drones become a lot more popular, I foresee the airport towers personnel getting fed up with all the calls or even overwhelmed by them. Maybe they will start telling people to stop calling.. then what? And what about when there are enough drone flyers that they are everywhere around the airport and there's at least one flying at any given direction/location and at any given time. The airport tower personnel will go nuts! I know this might takes some years but the .55 lb limit is very light and most drones are heavier. btw are there any drones lighter than .55 lbs worth buying?

Just my thoughts

I was flying my drone for weeks before I learned about the b4ufly app and I was wow.. I am within 5 miles from an airport. The problem now anywhere I go in the city the app notifies me 'Action Required' because I am within 5 miles from an airport. When I look and see what airport are near by, it's not a real airport with a tower. It can be a hospital or business center or building. I guess some business structures can accept helicopters to land near by.

Now this is becoming a real nuisance because first.. these 'airports' are everywhere and I can't find a spot inside the city that's not near an 'airport' unless I drive at least 30 minutes to be outside the city limits... second I am not sure who to call if it's not a real airport. Building manager? Hospital management office? I have never seen a helicopter near these business centers.

What if I am 3+ miles from these non real airports.. do these helicopters fly below 400 feet that far from their landing areas?

Let's say I call the tower of a real airport and tell them about my location, height of flight and duration, there must be a reason for this. Are they going to use this information and tell airplane pilots about me and my drone? And is the pilot going to do not fly below 400 ft anywhere near me?

What if I am flying the drove just above the treetops or cell towers? Airplanes/helis don't fly that low.

Last.. when drones become a lot more popular, I foresee the airport towers personnel getting fed up with all the calls or even overwhelmed by them. Maybe they will start telling people to stop calling.. then what? And what about when there are enough drone flyers that they are everywhere around the airport and there's at least one flying at any given direction/location and at any given time. The airport tower personnel will go nuts! I know this might takes some years but the .55 lb limit is very light and most drones are heavier. btw are there any drones lighter than .55 lbs worth buying?

Just my thoughts

DELETE THAT APP! its useless --- UAV forcast app, and the "Hover" app, are in the top. the B4Ufly is by the faa , out dated and not useful even tho it had an update!

UAV forcast app, and the Hover app should be all you need to get started :)

Oh and on the other questions -- do some research you will get it sorted sorted out :) Oh and there is no such thing as a NON real airport its an airport or its not some are not active 24x7 but they are still airports :)

The FAA is setting up a soon to be released website, where you request permission to fly in a restricted airspace, at least for commercial users. And all notifications will be handle immediately through the website processed to the airport you have listed in your flight plans!

Thanks for the info.

What's the height limitation for the outer circle in UAV forcast?
Yesterday it said good to fly and it was raining. 2% precipitation! I don't know where it gets its info from but it's incorrect.

Thanks for the info.

What's the height limitation for the outer circle in UAV forcast?
Yesterday it said good to fly and it was raining. 2% precipitation! I don't know where it gets its info from but it's incorrect.
Hmmm, that's odd. I've been using UAV Forecast for over 6 months and I can count the number of times it's been a little off on one hand. I dont just live by UAV Forecast though, I pay attention to my local forecast and I use Accuweather for an hourly report. Between the three of those I've never been caught unaware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval