Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bad video transmission

Reaction score
Dear community, I use the H520 with its E90 camera and its ST16 remote control. For a year, apart a total loss of drone control which led the drone to land in a crops field when it had plenty of time to come back to me, I've never encountered major problems.

However, I'm always disappointed by the video reception quality. The image freezes very often or the quality gets really bad. However, I fly in a very open field and at a short distance of the ST16. By comparison, my other drone, the MAVIC Pro, gives me a much more stable and clear image.

I think this is probably unusual considering the quality of the product and I would like to know if it is from a bad setting.

Thanks for your help.

Jeremy

Dear community, I use the H520 with its E90 camera and its ST16 remote control. For a year, apart a total loss of drone control which led the drone to land in a crops field when it had plenty of time to come back to me, I've never encountered major problems.

However, I'm always disappointed by the video reception quality. The image freezes very often or the quality gets really bad. However, I fly in a very open field and at a short distance of the ST16. By comparison, my other drone, the MAVIC Pro, gives me a much more stable and clear image.

I think this is probably unusual considering the quality of the product and I would like to know if it is from a bad setting.

Thanks for your help.

Jeremy
I don't have that problem. How far are you flying away?

Thank you for your responses.

The probleme don't looks depend of the distance. I fly sometime at 500 m away but the image quality can be bad when the drone is at only 100 m away. I fly in open field and I tried different orientations for antenna but with any result.
Are the images always good during your flys?

The big difference is the Mavic is using OcuSync 1.0 (2.4GHz) which is a modified form of WiFi unique to DJI and is not leased to any other drone company to my knowledge. It is renowned for its video feed capabilities.

The E90/ST16S use a 5.8GHz WiFi link for the video feed that displays a 720p image on the display. Being in Europe the 5.8GHz WiFi is restricted in power compared to the USA and has to change channels if weather radar is detected on the channel it is using (DFS).

You should still be getting better reception than you are describing. Try changing between the mushroom and patch antenna as it may make a difference. Beyond that it could be the WiFi card in the camera, the camera’s antenna, or the WiFi card in the ST16S, or simply the positioning of the antenna on the ST16S.

For the omnidirectional mushroom antenna, position it so it looks like a mushroom growing out of the ground. Do not point the top of it at the H520, but at the sky.

For the square patch antenna, point the flat face right at the H520 for the best reception.

Reactions: aedronix
voor videobeeld kwaliteit heb ik ook moeten veranderen naar instelling full HD 1920x1080 zou beter moeten zijn
Eens proberen

Google Translate:
for video image quality I also had to change to full HD 1920x1080 setting should be better
Give it a try

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vr-pilot
The big difference is the Mavic is using OcuSync 1.0 (2.4GHz) which is a modified form of WiFi unique to DJI and is not leased to any other drone company to my knowledge. It is renowned for its video feed capabilities.

The E90/ST16S use a 5.8GHz WiFi link for the video feed that displays a 720p image on the display. Being in Europe the 5.8GHz WiFi is restricted in power compared to the USA and has to change channels if weather radar is detected on the channel it is using (DFS).

You should still be getting better reception than you are describing. Try changing between the mushroom and patch antenna as it may make a difference. Beyond that it could be the WiFi card in the camera, the camera’s antenna, or the WiFi card in the ST16S, or simply the positioning of the antenna on the ST16S.

For the omnidirectional mushroom antenna, position it so it looks like a mushroom growing out of the ground. Do not point the top of it at the H520, but at the sky.

For the square patch antenna, point the flat face right at the H520 for the best reception.
Thank you very much for your response and for your advice. I will test all of this ASAP and let you know if it changes anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval