Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Batteries

Reaction score
Best place to buy? Are there better batteries? I only have one and that's not enough I want lime 3 or 4... Help please Steve or someone that knowa what they are talking about.

Hello, welcome to the forum.

There are many articles in this forum about batteries and chargers. Prolonged battery life depends very much on how you treat your batteries, so a neat charger helps a lot.

Better batteries is not the right word, the OEM ones are not bad at all.
Aside of the Yuneec brand there are good brands like Gens-Tattu. There are some mixed experiences with Gifi.

Where to buy is of course depending on where you live. In the US the Gens-Tattu ones are (were) pretty cheap.

You will find many articles using the forum's search box near the magnifying glass upper right in your screen.

You could make your own. I've made one. And it lasts alot loger than the original. And as long you know some basic soldiering it's fairly easy to do

Reactions: AJan
Last edited:
Reactions: 2dextreme

These seem to cost double the price from Gens-Tattu (in USA). Or, looking at the prices as advertised, even much more, GIFI $140, Ultrax $ 52 and you get $5 discount if you buy two Ultrax (and free shipping in USA).

Being not much of a mathematician I estimate if you spend 140 on GIFI you get 4 minutes extra flying time. If you spend 140 on Ultrax you get 36 minutes extra flying time.

;)

Last edited:
These seem to cost double the price from Gens-Tattu (in USA). Or even much more, GIFI $140, Ultrax $ 52 and you get $5 discount if you buy two.

;)
Dr Delta, right, they cost a few dollar more when you compare the flight time / $ you' get but the x-tra 3-5 minutes is worth alot when I'm out on an important (profitable) assignment.

Dr Delta, right, they cost a few dollar more when you compare the flight time / $ you' get but the x-tra 3-5 minutes is worth alot when I'm out on an important (profitable) assignment.

Yeh. I can understand that a few minutes more can make a difference while doing some assignment.
But that has nothing to do with $/flight time. See my [edit] on message above.

:)

Yeh. I can understand that a few minutes more can make a difference while doing some assignment.
But that has nothing to do with $/flight time. See my [edit] on message above.

:)
Well, Dr Delta.. when you can't land to swap batteri, every minute x-tra you can stay in the air to complete the mission is worth every dollar spent on a 8050mA :)

Last edited:
I have had good luck with GiFi 8050 mah batteries from Carolina Dronz. I own 6 of them now and I’ve bought the last ones for $89.00 each. They charge and store very well.

Reactions: brig57
Wow you guys are amazing. I love this forum. One more quick question... How do you discharge a battery? By using it or can you do that with a special charger?

My DY3 charge will discharge a battery to storage level.

The DY3 is mentioned in a previous post.
I just checked it out but it looks like a European plug... Do they also come with an U.S. version? Or they universal? Also what's the price? Thanks for all y'all help you guys are the best.

Wow you guys are amazing. I love this forum. One more quick question... How do you discharge a battery? By using it or can you do that with a special charger?
Yes, fly down any unused batteries to around 14.8v so that after landing it will bounce back up to storage level (around 15.2v) or use a third party charger that has the facility to deplete to storage level...do a search on here to decide which one to buy, there are plenty of discussions on this forum about chargers. I generally fly my unused batteries down to achieve storage level it being the quickest way.

When doing a commercial job I always take with me an extra battery over and above the number of batteries that I've planned to use to do the job and most often chuck the aircraft back into the air to deplete it for storage. On occasion, having that extra battery and flying it down for storage has given me the unforeseen opportunity to get a crucial shot missed during the main shoot. Indeed, a couple of weeks ago I was doing a shoot for the local Rotary Club and after the shoot (a set of still pictures) I flew down the spare battery to storage and took some video on automatic settings for my own use. The Rotary club saw my edit and bought it even though it was not part of the commercial brief and wasn't shot with selling it in mind. That was a few extra £££ in my pocket just as a result of battery maintenance.

Reactions: 2dextreme
Yes, fly down any unused batteries to around 14.8v so that after landing it will bounce back up to storage level (around 15.2v) or use a third party charger that has the facility to deplete to storage level...do a search on here to decide which one to buy, there are plenty of discussions on this forum about chargers. I generally fly my unused batteries down to achieve storage level it being the quickest way.

When doing a commercial job I always take with me an extra battery over and above the number of batteries that I've planned to use to do the job and most often chuck the aircraft back into the air to deplete it for storage. On occasion, having that extra battery and flying it down for storage has given me the unforeseen opportunity to get a crucial shot missed during the main shoot. Indeed, a couple of weeks ago I was doing a shoot for the local Rotary Club and after the shoot (a set of still pictures) I flew down the spare battery to storage and took some video on automatic settings for my own use. The Rotary club saw my edit and bought it even though it was not part of the commercial brief and wasn't shot with selling it in mind. That was a few extra £££ in my pocket just as a result of battery maintenance.
Thanks buddy

I have had good luck with GiFi 8050 mah batteries from Carolina Dronz. I own 6 of them now and I’ve bought the last ones for $89.00 each. They charge and store very well.
Yes I buy from Carolina Dronz, very pleased with price and performance !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scan02