Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

batteries

Reaction score
The batteries on the Breeze model are a real scandal! I bought three additional batteries when I got the drone. Two are already out of order after only 4 charges ! As I didn't use the drone for several month before the problem appeared I was informed by Yuneek the the waranty would'nt apply. I think I'll never buy a Yuneek drone anymore!

I have no idea where you are from but at least in Europe, companies do not have to cover batteries under warranty at all. That is due to the reason that they are wear parts and it is completly impossible to tell what happened to a battery. They all look the same unless they where involved in a severe crash. Furthermore they can get damaged during first use if you do not stick to the instructions.

Common reasons for failing that fast without actually being used a whole lot are: Overcharging, discharging beyond a specific voltage, storage while being completly charged or completly discharged.

There are some more reasons like too high currents but that is basically impossible with a breeze.

Getting started with LiPo batteries can be a littly difficult since there are many aspects you have to have an eye on. Otherwise they are very short lived or even dangerous.

In my opinion Yuneec did everything right. There is no rational way they could exept a damaged battery after several months. Within a month or so most companies usually replace them on goodwill. I think even of those batteries about 80% did not break due to a manufacturing error (only an estimation from my experience). It is not any different with DJI, Parrot or any other manufacturer.

I am from France to answer your first question. I am a professionnal video reporter for many years and I known what setting batteries nd using them properly means .
This is the first time in a long life of using electronic devices use I see such a case: the first battery reminded 25 days without beeing used but I just received the second one two weeks ago and charged it only twice! Do you realy think this is something normal?

dervieux, I too have had absolutely no luck with the batteries used in my Breeze. and also am experienced in proper handling of LiPo cell batteries.If you ask around a bit more you will find that its not uncommon, You may find that an after market battery fitment will provide better results.but make sure to replace your charging unit if its the common factor in the loss of multiple batteries. it could be the cause for failures.

I missed this thread when it was first posted and I have questions about how the batteries were treated.

What discharge level were the batteries flown to (before low battery warning, 1st low battery warning, or 2nd low battery warning)?

Were the batteries left in discharged condition for storage?

Were batteries stored at full charge?

Were batteries left in the aircraft or on the unplugged charger for storage?

Did the batteries just give the blinking blue light on the charger? This does not necessarily mean the batteries are bad. The OEM charger for the Breeze is a bare minimum charger and is not a good choice for long term care of the LiPo batteries unless you fly every two or three days.

what is a good charger? I recently bought one second hand that has a bad battery. I tried several ways to fix it according to some online guides with no luck. I'd like to purchase a few batteries off amazon but would like to make sure I take care of them well from day one. Any suggestions on a charger?

Reactions: robbie2
So I have the c240 duo on the way. I can't find any cheap breeze chargers to pirate, and would like to have a good adapter for it. I found one that's selling in europe, but didn't know if anyone knew of some other ones being sold in the US. I found some adapters that just say they are for Yuneec 3s, but not sure if those will work or not. Any suggestions would be great! I finally got my new batteries and now I'm afraid to use them until I can get the proper equipment to charge, discharge and store them.

So I have the c240 duo on the way. I can't find any cheap breeze chargers to pirate, and would like to have a good adapter for it. I found one that's selling in europe, but didn't know if anyone knew of some other ones being sold in the US. I found some adapters that just say they are for Yuneec 3s, but not sure if those will work or not. Any suggestions would be great! I finally got my new batteries and now I'm afraid to use them until I can get the proper equipment to charge, discharge and store them.
Look for adapter cables for the Mantis Q or Mantis G as they have the same pinout as the Breeze. If you have the OEM charger I would just scavenge the adapter from it. See this thread DIY- use connector from OEM Breeze charger to make adapter cable for third party charger.

I can't seem to find anything in terms of an old charger that isn't pricey. I did see a post on this site about building one from scratch, but I admit, I'm new to this and I don't know the terminology. I don't know what the leads used in this build are called, so I"m not sure what to buy to build it with. Here's a few pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_3482.jpg
    IMG_3482.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3481.jpg
    IMG_3481.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members