Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery’s and flight times

Fin

Reaction score
Yesterday I carried out some more survey tests.
This time in programmed two five minute flights and another 13 minute flight.

The first two five minute flights were done on a single battery and as t it was landing the second survey I was at 27%. Probably 13 minutes total flight speed at 8m/s.

The second battery did the 13 minute flight. The first waypoint was about 450m away, by the time it had reached this I was at 80%.. the survey just completed and the landing was at 22% battery. I did notice that the reported climbed back to 32% a few minutes after landing.

There was practically no wind.

As this is meant to be able to achieve 25minute flights with the E90 I am disappointed by this.

The speed of the mission was set at 8m/s and at an elevation of 70m AGL.

I would be expecting to be able to carry out a 15minute survey easily and hopefully in winds of 20mph +

My phantom 4 can achieve this with ease. And this reports similar flight times to the H520.

I have been told that as this is the first charge cycle of the lipo that this will improve.

I have sites approximately 500m x 500m and I have to be able to fly them in a single battery.

What are the average times achieved for similar missions?

Hello Fin

The topic of battery life has already been discussed, please use the search function in order not to open 300 threads of the same please.

I think you miscalculated the flight times. The H520 with the E90 officially has a flight time of 25 minutes. With the E50 camera or the CGOET it's 28 minutes. But these flight times, those given by the manufacturer, are taken in ideal conditions, or what is the same, stationary flight without wind and at sea level. Consequently, in normal use, the times given by the manufacturer are never met in any aircraft.

The normal with the E90 camera is about 20 minutes, 21 or 22 would be lucky. The normal duration with moderate wind is 20 real minutes.

If you want to compare different aircraft have to be of similar characteristics. Similar weight, motors and battery. You can't compare a hexacopter with a quadcopter. Or you can look at it in another aspect, how much a hexacopter is more stable than a quadcopter? How much wind is able to withstand each other? How stable is one relative to the other?

It is recommended that you update the entire system to the latest version because the calculation of the remaining battery had some fault. The latest update is supposed to have improvements in that regard. I haven't tried it yet, I can't tell you.

Check the real flight time, not standing on the ground because it gives you more time than it should.

As for the surface it is able to cover depends on many factors. It depends on the type of flight, speed, altitude, etc. Without more data it is difficult to say.

I am on the latest firmware

20 minutes would be good.
I programmed a 13 minute flight and the time take to get to altitude and travel to first waypoint was approx 2 minutes, the time to land about 1 minute.
This is a flight of 16 minutes in perfectly calm condition - and the battery was lower than I would feel comfortable with being at less than 20%.

As I said if I get 20 minutes in windy conditions on a survey I can live with that. As my maximum flight program is approx 15 minutes. Another 5 to cover the takeoff and landing is plenty.

Yeah, more or less the same time I get.

The interesting thing is that even if you need more, it automatically returns to the Home and asks you to change the battery. You do it and continue the mission by itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my