Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery arrival voltage

Reaction score
I received one of my spare batteries from my LHS (distributor for Horizon Hobby) and when I went to charge it, my charger indicated the battery was fully charged. This battery came in a Yuneec branded box with all the padding and paperwork I would expect to see in a shipping package.

I would not have thought that batteries were supposed to be shipped fully charged?

Is this some new thing with LiPO batteries?

Yes, I tried to search for the past thread were this was mentioned but did not read through every page of every thread found with "batteries" as the keyword. Sorry.

Not normal, should have had 50-60%, But if it works, you'll be fine! Especially since we know they just came out from Yuneec and weren't sitting on a store shelf for months!;)

if the battery was fully charged when you received it i would check the resistance , if it's OK charge the battery , fly it recharge the battery and check the resistance again , then check the voltage after charging if after an couple of hours , the voltage dose not drop the battery is probably good .
fly safe

I received one of my spare batteries from my LHS (distributor for Horizon Hobby) and when I went to charge it, my charger indicated the battery was fully charged. This battery came in a Yuneec branded box with all the padding and paperwork I would expect to see in a shipping package.

I would not have thought that batteries were supposed to be shipped fully charged?

Is this some new thing with LiPO batteries?

Yes, I tried to search for the past thread were this was mentioned but did not read through every page of every thread found with "batteries" as the keyword. Sorry.
Seems like someone early on reported this. ? CaptainDrone. If I recall correctly his drone appeared to work ok then just fell out of the sky. Search for that user.

Here's the link to that thread:
3rd flight - Loss of power - It Crashed hard! What happened?

Flew today at lunch. The battery lasted less than 15 minutes. I will charge out then discharge it and charge it again before using it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz