Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery blinking blue light

Just give it 30 seconds at a time and measure, if the wires are staying cool enough to hold you should be OK to go for longer. Just keep monitoring the cell voltages and try to keep them as even as possible.

I actually hit 3.2 volts on cell one after 1min. Everything felt cool.

Once you get all three cells at or above that level try the OEM charger. Just make sure you don't exceed 4.2 volts on any one cell.

Just give it 30 seconds at a time and measure, if the wires are staying cool enough to hold you should be OK to go for longer. Just keep monitoring the cell voltages and try to keep them as even as possible.

Thanks for the help! Making progress here, so far I have gone from:

So far...
cell 1= 19.4mv -> 3.3volts
cell 2= 26.6mv -> 3.3volts
cell 3= 64.7mv -> 3.3volts

One of the voltages was slightly under 3.2 and I had the flashing blue light, gave it another 30 seconds and now it has a flashing red light which looks like it is charging!

If it helps anyone else, I charged it using crocodile clips attached to the pins for each cell like this:
Capture.PNG

Reactions: EdA and robbie2
Hello I just purchased 3 Yuneec Breeze batteries on eBay the listing said they work as they should low and behold one works fine and the other 2 are flashing the blue light wondering if their is a fix for this so I don’t lose my money. Any help would be much appreciated. I did see the one about using a usb cable for a slow recharge does this really work? And if so what is the best usb cable for this. The one in the post is blue and looks like it has a red wire and a black wire I am assuming the red is the plus and the black is the negative is that correct. Thank you I am new to drones purchased my used but it was crashed so had to put new body on it and barrowed a battery from my friend now I have my own but would like to get the other 2 working if possible thank you John

Hello I just purchased 3 Yuneec Breeze batteries on eBay the listing said they work as they should low and behold one works fine and the other 2 are flashing the blue light wondering if their is a fix for this so I don’t lose my money. Any help would be much appreciated. I did see the one about using a usb cable for a slow recharge does this really work? And if so what is the best usb cable for this. The one in the post is blue and looks like it has a red wire and a black wire I am assuming the red is the plus and the black is the negative is that correct. Thank you I am new to drones purchased my used but it was crashed so had to put new body on it and barrowed a battery from my friend now I have my own but would like to get the other 2 working if possible thank you John

Most of the information is in post #10 that has the picture of the blue USB cable. The wires will not necessarily be the red and black for 5V + and -. You will need a voltmeter that can measure to at least 0.01V accuracy to measure the battery cells and check which wires from the USB cable carry the 5VDC.

The previous posts with irtiiii and myself give a good running narrative of using this to restore (hopefully) the batteries that won’t charge.

DO NOT leave these batteries unattended once you get them charging on the OEM charger. If any of the cells in the battery have dropped below 3.0 V the battery has sustained permanent damage that cannot be reversed. It doesn’t mean the battery will not perform properly now, but it does mean its useful lifetime has been shortened.

As stated in other posts in this thread. Use these batteries with caution until you determine how long they last while flying the Breeze. It is a good idea to mark an ID number on each battery and keep a log of how long your flights are, how long it takes to recharge, and the voltage level of each cell after charging.

Reactions: robbie2
It worked I saved the batteries and they work like new be careful not to over charge the cells check it with a volt meter. But it does work thank you

It happened to me. My first Breeze came with three (3) batteries. One was bad, charger blinking blue. I requested a replacement
from Yuneec support. I received the replacement after few days.
I bought another Breeze with controller. The battery charged the first time. But after flying the new breeze, I've tried to recharge it but I have a blinking blue. So I've requested another replacement. Currently waiting for the new one. I think items that are under warranty should be taken cared off by the seller.

It happened to me. My first Breeze came with three (3) batteries. One was bad, charger blinking blue. I requested a replacement
from Yuneec support. I received the replacement after few days.
I bought another Breeze with controller. The battery charged the first time. But after flying the new breeze, I've tried to recharge it but I have a blinking blue. So I've requested another replacement. Currently waiting for the new one. I think items that are under warranty should be taken cared off by the seller.

How far down are you running the batteries to get the blue blinking light on the Charger? It usually only happens when a cell drops below 3.2 VDC. If you are running the batteries to the second low voltage warning you are causing damage to the battery.

The battery should not be stored in the Breeze or an unplugged charger. I no for a fact that the charger will deplete cells down to a few millivolts if unplugged and left connected to the battery.

If you get a new battery and it fails to charge that is on the manufacturer. If you over deplete the battery during use and it fails to charge that is an error on your part, not the manufacturer.

I rarely run my batteries to the 1st low voltage warning and have never gotten the flashing blue fail to charge warning. Treat your LiPo’s well and they will treat you well in return.

Reactions: Rajordan
How far down are you running the batteries to get the blue blinking light on the Charger? It usually only happens when a cell drops below 3.2 VDC. If you are running the batteries to the second low voltage warning you are causing damage to the battery.

The battery should not be stored in the Breeze or an unplugged charger. I no for a fact that the charger will deplete cells down to a few millivolts if unplugged and left connected to the battery.

If you get a new battery and it fails to charge that is on the manufacturer. If you over deplete the battery during use and it fails to charge that is an error on your part, not the manufacturer.

I rarely run my batteries to the 1st low voltage warning and have never gotten the flashing blue fail to charge warning. Treat your LiPo’s well and they will treat you well in return.
Thank you for this info. As a beginner, I get worried when the low battery alarm comes in . So I hit the Return home button ASAP the first warning. I do this to all my batteries (6 in all. I bought extra in preparation for my incoming trip). Unfortunately, I didn’t pay much attention on battery % left after the drone landed. But I noticed all my batteries gets an average of 10-11 mins. Flying time when it landed. I used 3 batteries the last time I flew it including the one that failed to recharge.

Thank you for this info. As a beginner, I get worried when the low battery alarm comes in . So I hit the Return home button ASAP the first warning. I do this to all my batteries (6 in all. I bought extra in preparation for my incoming trip). Unfortunately, I didn’t pay much attention on battery % left after the drone landed. But I noticed all my batteries gets an average of 10-11 mins. Flying time when it landed. I used 3 batteries the last time I flew it including the one that failed to recharge.

If you fly and do not get to the second low voltage alarm before you land the battery should recharge. That is providing that you let the battery cool down to ambient (room) temperature before placing on the charger.

Yuneec had a lot of batteries manufactured in 2016 and those can be problematic depending on how they were stored by retailers. You can find the date yours were made from the S/N barcode label on the side of the battery. Breeze battery S/N’s have this form Bmmddyyyxxxxxxx, where mm is month, dd is day, and yyyy is year that it was manufactured. The x’s are a numerical sequence from that day of manufacturing.

Please do not take offense to replies I make on the forum, as I am not accusing anyone personally. I try to teach while I answer most posts, so a wide group of people can derive information from it. There are a lot of people that have never used LiPo batteries and have no idea how to take care of them. I was one of them about 15 months ago, but learned much from this forum the first month I owned my Breeze. Use the magnifying glass search tool for the forum and look for “LiPo care” and you will find lot of information on the subject.

I have both a 5VDC 1A USB and a 5VDC 500mA USB CHARGER. Which would be best to attempt bring a cell back up. What am I looking/feeling for when charging for over charge? THanks

Use a voltmeter to measure the cell voltage. Either charger will work. Apply voltage to the cell for 30 seconds and recheck with the voltmeter. Bring each cell up to 3.5 V then try placing on the OEM charger.

Thanks. working on it now. Do I put the battery on the charger then plug the charger in or does it matter. Is the charger suppose to blink green with out a battery on it?

First battery is now charging with red flashing light! Woo Hoo!

Use a voltmeter to measure the cell voltage. Either charger will work. Apply voltage to the cell for 30 seconds and recheck with the voltmeter. Bring each cell up to 3.5 V then try placing on the OEM charger.
Waiting on first battery to charge in the charger. Not sure how long it is supposed to take. Second battery voltages are up to 3.5. Cross your fingers.
You definitely know what you are talking about. Was ready to just quit after two failed batteries. Learned a ton. Thanks

Different experience for me.

Using DoomMeister's diagram,

Cell 1 = P1 to P2 measured 1.5v
Cell 2 = P2 to P3 measured 1.5v
Cell 3 = P3 to P4 measured 2.5v

I used a variable DC Power supply (Eventek KPS3010D)to charge each cell, one at a time, for about a minute.
Using a variable supply will only charge at the voltage the battery will accept. So, I watched the first 2 cells go from 1.5v to 3v in about a minute. Cell 3 went from 2.5v to 3.5v in a minute. That was enough to get the factory charger to work for that battery

Reactions: AzFlier
The simple rig pictured above was intended for use on s LiPo cell that was just below what the stock Breeze charger would accept and charge.

Thanks brought my battery back to life. Even though i don't own a Voltmeter, i went and charged every cell with 5V 200mA for about 30-40 seconds. Now the charger is accepting it again :)

View attachment 10812

This is a USB cable I modified to supply +5VDC to pins that will fit in the connector on the Breeze battery connector.

@Doomeister,
This saved me some aggravation. I found two cases of new batteries for the 350QX series. I somehow shoved then into the back of a storage cabinet a couple years ago, and forgot about them. All had at least one cell below charger voltage. Been messing with them for several hours. I was able to get all but one back into a chargeable state using your USB idea. No idea whether they will be useful long term. Most will just be put into storage charge and stored again. But at least I will get SOME use out of them.
The batteries were one of those "too good to be true" items on eBay. 3000mAh 350QX batteries for $10 each. " WOW! " says me. But it wasn't true. They were 2200 mAh mislabeled as 3000s. I wasn't using that size at the time, and just shoved them back for "later". I guess now it's Later. And at the price of new batteries now days, getting any use from these is good.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hello, so I usually hang out on the Mavic Pilots site, but a family friend asked me to take a look at their Breeze as it is not charging. Plugged the battery in and all I get is the blinking blue light on the front of the charger, a bit of research led me here. However, when I check the voltages of each of the cells on the battery I get:

12v cell = 7.58v
9v cell = 3.78v
5v cell = 0v

Since the one cell is reading 0v, should I tell the owner of the drone to dispose of it and buy a new battery? Or should I attempt to recover it? I have an old PC power supply that I believe I could use the 5v rail to charge the cell, but again, not sure if with one cell being 0v it should not even really be attempted.

Last edited:
[QUOTE Since the one cell is reading 0v, should I tell the owner of the drone to dispose of it and buy a new battery?[/QUOTE]

Yes, tell the owner of the drone to dispose of it and buy a new battery. I wish I could offer some miracle solution, but I think any efforts will result in failure. At best, you may be able to get the battery to accept an "apparent" charge, but it will never provide more than a few seconds of flight. The possible gain does not justify risking the possibility of serious malfunction while trying to revive this battery.

Hello, so I usually hang out on the Mavic Pilots site, but a family friend asked me to take a look at their Breeze as it is not charging. Plugged the battery in and all I get is the blinking blue light on the front of the charger, a bit of research led me here. However, when I check the voltages of each of the cells on the battery I get:

12v cell = 7.58v
9v cell = 3.78v
5v cell = 0v

Since the one cell is reading 0v, should I tell the owner of the drone to dispose of it and buy a new battery? Or should I attempt to recover it? I have an old PC power supply that I believe I could use the 5v rail to charge the cell, but again, not sure if with one cell being 0v it should not even really be attempted.

This has happened with a few different people posting here and is usually caused by charging the battery, then leaving it in the charger and unplugging the charger. The balancing circuit places a load on the battery and ends up draining the first cell.

WTFDproject is right in that in most cases this battery is probably toast, but a couple folks have had some success recovering the Breeze battery from this condition, at least for use on the ground downloading videos and photos if it can’t handle flying loads. See post #10 in this thread for more info trying to recover the battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy