Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery blinking blue light

Thank you so much @DoomMeister! I had one bad lipo, but thanks to your guide I was able to fix it!

It had 0.55, 0.8 and 1.4v on the cells. I charged it with my galaxy s5 charger to around 3.4v, they only needed a small 5mn, 2mn for the last cell.
It's charging now in the Breeze charger :D

My first lipo, the one which came with the drone went bad one time too, but repaired itself.
The lipo's go bad when you discharge them too much, or if you don't recharge them soon after having used them

Thank you so much @DoomMeister! I had one bad lipo, but thanks to your guide I was able to fix it!

It had 0.55, 0.8 and 1.4v on the cells. I charged it with my galaxy s5 charger to around 3.4v, they only needed a small 5mn, 2mn for the last cell.
It's charging now in the Breeze charger :D

My first lipo, the one which came with the drone went bad one time too, but repaired itself.
The lipo's go bad when you discharge them too much, or if you don't recharge them soon after having used them

I run mine from 100% down to 30% while flying and get about 9 to 10 minutes of flight time depending on wind conditions.

The batteries will then rebound to about 50% charge after resting a few minutes. This is about the recommended storage charge for LiPo batteries.

Can anyone show a picture of the actual setup of conditioning the battery? I have this occurring to 2 different batteries and out of warranty. Want to try and salvage.
Works like a charm! Thank you for saving me money in buying a new battery.. worked with all 3 of my batteries.

Guys you are life saviors! Saved my battery, which fell to 1.5 v on each cell.

I will post a pic of my setup later this evening.
Doom,

Once again I come to you for assistance, have bad Breeze battery as well, am very interested in USB setup to bring the battery back to life. Would you mind sharing the information to me as well, and as always provide me any written instructions If possible. I was thinking of purchasing a balance charger, may still need to do that but in the mean time if possible would like to try a USB charger. As always many thx. Wink

Doom,

Once again I come to you for assistance, have bad Breeze battery as well, am very interested in USB setup to bring the battery back to life. Would you mind sharing the information to me as well, and as always provide me any written instructions If possible. I was thinking of purchasing a balance charger, may still need to do that but in the mean time if possible would like to try a USB charger. As always many thx. Wink

My instructions are in post #10 of this thread, and you will need access to a multimeter and small soldering iron. If you need clarification on anything just PM me.

My instructions are in post #10 of this thread, and you will need access to a multimeter and small soldering iron. If you need clarification on anything just PM me.

Doommeister, many thx again, I will go back and read and try and get my battery fixed. As much trouble as I’ve had with my Breeze (s), I love the darn thing. I’ve had more issues with my DJI Spark in regards to fly always, then with the Breeze. The first issue I ever had that you tried to help me fix was nothing but operator error when I formatted the Breeze via the computer, and on this battery issue I believe I left the switch on. Only real complain I have is with Yuneec Customer Service. So from the bottom of my heart, again many thx. Wink

I will post a pic of my setup later this evening.

Doommeister, skarz requested pictures on proper hookup of a USB charger, I’ve looked for the pictures of the hookup, I’ve yet to located them, is it possible to get you to repost the pix or maybe direct me too where they are posted? Also, where does one find the pins you mentioned that I’d need to solder to the ends of the USB wire? Wink

The only pic I posted was the one in post #10 showing the cable and the charger block.
I cut the end off of the cable and stripped the four wires inside, then plugged in the charger and measured the voltages between the wires. The two that measured 5VDC I attached header pins to. The other two I cut off and insulated with tape.

The pins I used were standard 1/10th inch header pins that you should be able to find at any electronic supply store. You could also use a couple of straight pins for sewing. They might even be easier to wedge under the battery terminals.

My battery did this again
It’s less then a month old
Shouldn’t it be covered by yuneec?

My battery did this again
It’s less then a month old
Shouldn’t it be covered by yuneec?

I’m not sure what the warranty period is for batteries.

What specifically did your battery do?

Have you used a multimeter to check the voltage at each cell?

Are you trying to charge right after using the battery in flight?

How do you store your batteries?

At what battery level do you end your flights?

I’m not sure what the warranty period is for batteries.

What specifically did your battery do?

Have you used a multimeter to check the voltage at each cell?

Are you trying to charge right after using the battery in flight?

How do you store your batteries?

At what battery level do you end your flights?
one month according to yuneec
No it’s still warranted less then a month old
No I had put in breeze to get the pictures to phone couldn’t of been more then five minutes
You it might of overheated sitting on table not flying?
I charge them after use and then put them in box with drone !

one month according to yuneec
No it’s still warranted less then a month old
No I had put in breeze to get the pictures to phone couldn’t of been more then five minutes
You it might of overheated sitting on table not flying?
I charge them after use and then put them in box with drone !
do NOT charge the batteries after use, but charge BEFORE use. LiPo batteries that are stored in fully charged state will gradually suffer damage after a few days.
@Doomseister has very good advice on this: stop flying your Breeze when the battery indicator shows 30% charge left, and switch to a fresh pack of you want to continue flying. First, the remaining 30% somehow tend to vanish disproportionally fast, sometimes leaving no time for an orderly landing. Second, when LiPos are over-discharged, they suffer even more when being stored in charged state. Third, with the 30% rule you get close to the recommended storage voltage for LiPos.
In other words, if your battery is showing 30% in the app, it is ready for being put away for a while. If it is at any other but charge level, it will likely age prematurely... Unfortunately, the stock charger of the Breeze knows nothing about storage charge, so the 30% rule is the only way for most people to perform battery care.

do NOT charge the batteries after use, but charge BEFORE use. LiPo batteries that are stored in fully charged state will gradually suffer damage after a few days.
@Doomseister has very good advice on this: stop flying your Breeze when the battery indicator shows 30% charge left, and switch to a fresh pack of you want to continue flying. First, the remaining 30% somehow tend to vanish disproportionally fast, sometimes leaving no time for an orderly landing. Second, when LiPos are over-discharged, they suffer even more when being stored in charged state. Third, with the 30% rule you get close to the recommended storage voltage for LiPos.
In other words, if your battery is showing 30% in the app, it is ready for being put away for a while. If it is at any other but charge level, it will likely age prematurely... Unfortunately, the stock charger of the Breeze knows nothing about storage charge, so the 30% rule is the only way for most people to perform battery care.
Ok thanks for the tip, probably going to buy a spare from walmart

The only pic I posted was the one in post #10 showing the cable and the charger block.
I cut the end off of the cable and stripped the four wires inside, then plugged in the charger and measured the voltages between the wires. The two that measured 5VDC I attached header pins to. The other two I cut off and insulated with tape.

The pins I used were standard 1/10th inch header pins that you should be able to find at any electronic supply store. You could also use a couple of straight pins for sewing. They might even be easier to wedge under the battery terminals.

DoomMeister, I gotta once again say

DoomMeister, yet again I’ve gotta say thx, I did as you instructed and brought my Yuneec Breeze battery back to life, with the modified usb cable. I first tried 5 minutes on each cell too no avail, then 10 minutes per and finally 15 and after that put it on the charger and it started charging immediately. After charging I tried the newly charged battery on 3 flights down too like 16 percent of charge, got about 10 minutes of flight ea time (may be a little short of the supposed charge for a good battery) however once in the charger again it charged as normal ea time . Left it sit for a week, checked it and it was still almost a full charge. So thx again for sharing that info. Wink

I think you will find that if you have your Breeze on the ground by 25% charge remaining and leave them at that level (they will rebound to about 50% after cooling down - a good storage level) you will get the same or slightly longer flight times. Just charge your batteries the night before or day if your next planned flight. You can also leave one at full charge for about a week with no detrimental effects for that quick spur of the moment flight.

OMG!!!!!!!!! I am so glad I found this!!! I was upset that 4 batteries all had this issue, but now they are all fixed. And just so everyone knows, Walmart has the batteries clearanced for $5. The sire still shows $30 but in store it is $5 so if you can find them, get them!!

Just wanted to drop in say thanks to DoomMeister and others in this thread. Have a breeze that's less only about 4 months old and started getting the blue lights after not flying it for a while.. Using the info here I made a wicked frankenstein cable with a 5v usb charger and safety pins, carefully charged each cell, and we're now charging again! Thanks!

Just wanted to drop in say thanks to DoomMeister and others in this thread. Have a breeze that's less only about 4 months old and started getting the blue lights after not flying it for a while.. Using the info here I made a wicked frankenstein cable with a 5v usb charger and safety pins, carefully charged each cell, and we're now charging again! Thanks!

Just a tip to help you when you store your batteries. Fly until you get to 30% on the battery indicator then land the Breeze. After you pull the battery and it cools it will rebound to a voltage that will measure about 50% if put in the Breeze and connected to Breeze Cam. It ends up being a good point at which to store the batteries for times past 3 or 4 days.

I also rarely fly to the low voltage warning, and two of my batteries are a year old and still have the same amount of flight time as new (about 10 minutes stopping at 30% battery level).

Reactions: haggle and robbie2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval