Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

battery meltdown round 2

Just got my 520E back. Looks like they just replaced the same battery connector. Will take it for a four-hour mission later this week. Will give a hard check after each battery swap. Hopefully, you're fix will work as it sounds like I'm probably going to have to send it back. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
egg man compare you h520e batteries connection heads. if you have ones that have not need replaced yet to the ones yuneec sent you as warrenty replacements. good ones have extremely small gaps size of a sheet of paper and are uniformed all the way across no deviations. ones that will give you trouble over time are ones that have one or two connectors in the head that are spread part furthers than the others in the same head. my second meltdown happened after 40 to 50 sorties. of 4 to 8 back to back flights

eta from ups shipment of my repair is thursday which will be in time for saterday and sunday flight tests with first gen h520 and atleast 1 to 2 h480 flight batteries.

drones back and yes it boots up with h480 batteries just fine. oh heck I do not even need a camera attached to arm it from st16e. Looking forward to the weekend test flights. If I can arm it without the camera wonder I need camera for calibrations of compass and acceleration will test that this weekend as well. things are looking backup.

drones back and yes it boots up with h480 batteries just fine. oh heck I do not even need a camera attached to arm it from st16e. Looking forward to the weekend test flights. If I can arm it without the camera wonder I need camera for calibrations of compass and acceleration will test that this weekend as well. things are looking backup.
"wonder I need camera for calibrations of compass and acceleration"
I think you need the camera mounted just long enough to start the calibrations. But you can remove the camera before moving the drone around for the actual calibration sequence.

I should have done the power connector swap from h520e to first gen h520 after the first melt down. 13 flights all good battery heads not even hot just warm after flight. first 8 flew no payloads times hover 35 to 25 min 35 with gifi h480 8000mha 32min venom 7900mha 28 oem yuneec h520 25 good old trust ultra x 6300 h480. next 4 flights average 6 land miles in air 2yuneec oem first gen h520 28min 2 ultra x 6300mha h480 24min. next 9 e90 average 5 min less than no payload with yuneec oem first gen h520. and ultra x h480 6300mha. no payload full data pilot options and mission planning with perfect execution. orbit now are 2 mile diameter. bonus all calibrations minus gimbal can be done fully with out payload on the 2nd gen h520e. need to do one more set of flights before ordering the h520ertk version and changing that battery connector as well.

finished 8 more flights back to back no issues with e30zx this time. all on h480 flight batteries on par to what I was getting with h520e oem batteries for the most part less 2 min average.

I should have done the power connector swap from h520e to first gen h520 after the first melt down. 13 flights all good battery heads not even hot just warm after flight. first 8 flew no payloads times hover 35 to 25 min 35 with gifi h480 8000mha 32min venom 7900mha 28 oem yuneec h520 25 good old trust ultra x 6300 h480. next 4 flights average 6 land miles in air 2yuneec oem first gen h520 28min 2 ultra x 6300mha h480 24min. next 9 e90 average 5 min less than no payload with yuneec oem first gen h520. and ultra x h480 6300mha. no payload full data pilot options and mission planning with perfect execution. orbit now are 2 mile diameter. bonus all calibrations minus gimbal can be done fully with out payload on the 2nd gen h520e. need to do one more set of flights before ordering the h520ertk version and changing that battery connector as well.
I have a RTK E90x version in Brisbane Australia for sale if needed!
We have had a survey customer testing it to see what they can do.

Not sure that would work if it's monitoring each individual Cells of the Battery....

the h520e with manufacture design defect causing the 2 meltdowns has been fixed so far by changing the battery adapter to first gen h520 type. done enough test flights and very satisfied with the results. no it not monitoring at the cell level at the battery. just pulled the trigger for h520e rtk from vertigo black friday sale. that one has not been converted want to see if the major part change out yuneec has provided fixes the issue. If not that one will be sent for warranty work and first gen h520 deans battery connector will be installed.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
side note my st16e and st16s are powered up and running from h520e flight battery from a dc buck reducing voltage to 4.2 which is 100 percent and matches white papers on the battery cell used amps is set to just over 3amps peak to full load the st16e. the st16s requires 2.4 amps peak

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
Had a second burnout yesterday and sending it back in for an updated board. Noticed it immediately this time so we only lost one battery.

just ordered dual yuneec charger made for only for h520e flight batteries. It will not work for h3 flight batteries it would over charge them. waiting on the shipment before trying out the h520e rtk. chascoadmin what rtk base station are you using in the field on your rtk unit.

just ordered dual yuneec charger made for only for h520e flight batteries. It will not work for h3 flight batteries it would over charge them. waiting on the shipment before trying out the h520e rtk. chascoadmin what rtk base station are you using in the field on your rtk unit.
I've been using the dual H3 charger and there is a negligible difference in voltage compared to the full push from my X8 race chargers, especially after sitting for a couple of hours. The single E charger that came with it is somewhere in between.

We use CORS via NTRIP as long as we have data available. We could cast our RS2 but they usually stay configured as rovers. If data isn't available we just turn on logging on the RS2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval