Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Question

Reaction score
I have noticed that my batteries are soft in the area under the labels on top and bottom, is this normal? Thanks

If they are Original Factory yes it is normal. How old are these? How many times you used them?

FYI, the Originals will puff pretty easy if you do not take care of them. Once they puff that is it. They are on their way out. Start looking for some good replacements. Many on here like the GiFi 7500 that Carolina Dronz sells.

Not real sure how old they are. They are white so I know they are not real new. I bought the rig online. The seller said the drone had never been powered up. One of them was still in the original box. I have flown the drone three or four times and it seemed like they may not have lasted as long as I thought they should. I will time the flight next time. I know they advertise flight times up to 25 minutes and I am sure that will depend on flight conditions. What is a realistic average fight time for the OEM the battery's? Thanks

Not real sure how old they are. They are white so I know they are not real new. I bought the rig online. The seller said the drone had never been powered up. One of them was still in the original box. I have flown the drone three or four times and it seemed like they may not have lasted as long as I thought they should. I will time the flight next time. I know they advertise flight times up to 25 minutes and I am sure that will depend on flight conditions. What is a realistic average fight time for the OEM the battery's? Thanks

25 mins is a hyperbolic best case and it's taking it to full LVC and will damage battery. Your car is rated to go faster - just look at your speedometer - but you probably don't drive at 120 mph. It's one of the most BS parts of the field where a lot of time is wasted with people thinking they've been taken if the can't get those times.

Sure, no wind, no camera running, at hover I'll bet I can get 25 mins...

I trust my batteries for safe flight and good shots and power to return for around 15 minutes. That's about right for the OEM battery. There are 3rd party batteries and multiple threads here where that's debated and discussed. You can get better times with higher capacity batteries.

Did you think they are puffed up? I've been flying 3 OEM batteries since May and these have been very reliable. I've learned to not push them to their 14.1 low level and try not to go below 14.5. I charge with a HiTec charger with a high voltage lead I got from Carolina Dronz so I can balance and cycle as needed. They are still flat and have little give.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mine are a little soft on top and bottom where the labels are almost like the the hard case is not in that area. The voltage on mine after charge is around 12.4 not anywhere near 14. I thought the 3 cell batteries were rated at 11.1v. Mine will most likely fly for 15 minutes under general use.

Mine are a little soft on top and bottom where the labels are almost like the the hard case is not in that area. The voltage on mine after charge is around 12.4 not anywhere near 14. I thought the 3 cell batteries were rated at 11.1v. Mine will most likely fly for 15 minutes under general use.

I'm confused. Did you buy a used H or a Q500? Your numbers are for a 3 cell but still off. It should be 12.6 fully charged. I don't where you are getting the thought that it should get to 14v.

I'm confused. Did you buy a used H or a Q500? Your numbers are for a 3 cell but still off. It should be 12.6 fully charged. I don't where you are getting the thought that it should get to 14v.

He got it from your previous post... ;)

Sorry I did not state that it was a Q500 but I did post in the Q500 4K discussion thread. And I thought you referred to not draining the batteries lower than 14.5. Just trying to learn and like any other hobby there is a lot to soak up initially. Thanks for the comments.

Yuneec support told me a little puffy is normal. You will notice a reduction in flight times as they get more puffy. You will then be left with the decision to keep flying them or get some new ones. Personally I ditched my OEM White Batteries because I was not very diligent in there care and they started to puff alot more than normal and almost got stuck in the quad. SInce you did not buy it brand new, then the history of your battery's are questionable.

Yuneec support told me a little puffy is normal. You will notice a reduction in flight times as they get more puffy. You will then be left with the decision to keep flying them or get some new ones. Personally I ditched my OEM White Batteries because I was not very diligent in there care and they started to puff alot more than normal and almost got stuck in the quad. SInce you did not buy it brand new, then the history of your battery's are questionable.
Yeah I think I will monitor the flight time and if they get a little hard to take in and out (so far I have no issues removing them) I will replace them. Do most use OEM batteries or after market if so who sells a good one?

When they puff, you won't have any doubt or question they have puffed. You'll know for sure.
A lot of us are having good success with the "GIFI" brand replacement batteries.
Happy hunting, :)
Jafo

Reactions: Wingshooter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder