Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery storage for Mantis

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody knew a way to put the Mantis batteries in a storage charge without simply flying it down to the right voltage ? I have a smart charger that does discharge and do storage charges but of course there is no way that I know of to connect a Mantis battery to it.
I can connect my Typhoon Q500 4k to my charger so I can put those batteries into a storage state, but the only way I know of to discharge the Mantis batteries is to fly them down to the correct voltage. Not the most accurate and easy way to do that.
Thanks

The Breeze uses the same connection as the Mantis and the OEM charger can be found for cheap on eBay. Cut the charger apart along the seam and extract the battery connector and wiring to the four pin plug. The plug will fit into a balance board for your charger and use alligator clip leads to clip to the outside leads for full charge.
I did that with a spare OEM Breeze charger to keep my Breeze batteries at storage and for balance charging and tracking IR.EA98B235-D5DB-41E8-8438-1E6749CF8255.jpeg11F4E397-3F5F-4115-8E81-7289A4E10C71.jpeg079D1306-AA8E-4552-8EFE-7D3F3574B485.jpegE6DE3A99-4E9B-4CA6-A1D1-839375AFD647.jpeg6F33EE92-5FAB-4650-91C1-C0F0281FA896.jpegDAACD7C3-8598-47F7-9683-4EF46C9C9AF4.jpegC7F1436A-F8EE-4E46-B918-8E04BF60A722.jpeg537FD7B2-8911-4A8A-B6E1-4BEAF62D7C32.jpeg506A99F3-7D1A-4C7A-A138-C290575DB134.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: BigRHS
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody knew a way to put the Mantis batteries in a storage charge without simply flying it down to the right voltage ? I have a smart charger that does discharge and do storage charges but of course there is no way that I know of to connect a Mantis battery to it.
I can connect my Typhoon Q500 4k to my charger so I can put those batteries into a storage state, but the only way I know of to discharge the Mantis batteries is to fly them down to the correct voltage. Not the most accurate and easy way to do that.
Thanks
What is the right voltage to store them

Thanks
I did a post on this a while back not the best solution but ive done it 3 times so far with no issues heres a link to the post. Easy solution to discharging or balancing Mantis Batt

The Breeze uses the same connection as the Mantis and the OEM charger can be found for cheap on eBay. Cut the charger apart along the seam and extract the battery connector and wiring to the four pin plug. The plug will fit into a balance board for your charger and use alligator clip leads to clip to the outside leads for full charge.
I did that with a spare OEM Breeze charger to keep my Breeze batteries at storage and for balance charging and tracking IR.View attachment 18817View attachment 18818View attachment 18819View attachment 18820View attachment 18821View attachment 18822View attachment 18823View attachment 18816View attachment 18824
Thanks, I like that and will probably do this ! Great idea !

I usually store mine at around 3.90 volts per cell. But I do know some that store around 3.84 volts per cell, but I think anywhere in that area is good as long as all 3 are balanced. Just do not store them at full charge or run them down to low.
But store them around 40 to 50% of full charge.

Storage for LiPo battery packs is 3.8 to 3.85 volts per cell, so the 3S packs for the Mantis or Breeze would be 11.40 to 11.55 volts. If you use a third party charger set the charge rate to 1C (Breeze has a 1150mAh battery so you charge at 1.1 or 1.2A). I don’t remember what rating the Mantis battery has, but if it were 2700mAh (2.7Ah) you would charge at 2.7A.

I usually store mine at around 3.90 volts per cell. But I do know some that store around 3.84 volts per cell, but I think anywhere in that area is good as long as all 3 are balanced. Just do not store them at full charge or run them down to low.
But store them around 40 to 50% of full charge.
Thanks

Hi wanted to share this ive made a post of this before but wanted to offer a visual of putting 2 of my fully charge Mantis Q batteries into storage ive done it this way several times with zero issues its a silly looking rig up but certainly works. Any questions feel free to ask ill do my best to answer I know the pictures aren't greatest.20191207_230736.jpeg20191207_230744.jpeg20191207_230805.jpeg20191207_232215.jpeg20191207_232301_HDR.jpeg1575786625522.jpeg

Thanks
Hey BigRHS not sure if you ever got around to using one of the solutions I posted where im actually discharging my Mantis Q batteries currently but here is the link to my older post no soldering or anything just something I tossed together with all the spare connectors from my Hubsan 501s days ended up being a solid solution and still using this link will have pics on how I got this working hope it helps. Easy solution to discharging or balancing Mantis Batt

Hey BigRHS not sure if you ever got around to using one of the solutions I posted where im actually discharging my Mantis Q batteries currently but here is the link to my older post no soldering or anything just something I tossed together with all the spare connectors from my Hubsan 501s days ended up being a solid solution and still using this link will have pics on how I got this working hope it helps. Easy solution to discharging or balancing Mantis Batt
I haven't got a chance yet, we had some family health issues that have taken a lot of my time but I plan too soon ! I appreciate the info and the pics on this !

Reactions: AZflyer83
How charge should I leave in my mantis Q battery for storage. Can I just hover till it gets down to the right percentage
I usually try to leave mine at 3.81 to 3.91 per cell. I have flew mine to get the battery down to where I want until I am able to do what AZflyer83 has done.
I am also looking at what DoomMeister posted above and thinking about giving that a try.

Reactions: AZflyer83
How much charge should I leave in my mantis Q battery can I just f llamo y it down to the right percent2
I store mine at 3.85 seems to be the magic number for the Mantis Q batteries have done that everytime however if you don't have my setup flying them down to 50% should be adequate for storage purpose.

I haven't got a chance yet, we had some family health issues that have taken a lot of my time but I plan too soon ! I appreciate the info and the pics on this !
Hope things get better for you ive been there before and no problem at all always glad to help and share ideas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval