Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Update - Typhoon H

copyrights for photographers pretty much imploded with the internet...

Come on CASE Act.......it’s our only hope.

C'mon guys, what the heck is it with telemintry . I know the interest but nobody believes I get 20 minutes with my h consistently. Have fun flying and I'll go now.

• Haha
Reactions: RatBob
If its any use I read on a Facebook forum about someone who had successfully opened the casing and replaced his battery innards with this. Turns out its the perfect size. Just have to solder the wiring to the H connector.

[£40.34]ZOP Power 14.8V 7000mah 40C 4S Lipo Battery TRX Plug for Traxxas RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com

If its any use I read on a Facebook forum about someone who had successfully opened the casing and replaced his battery innards with this. Turns out its the perfect size. Just have to solder the wiring to the H connector.

[£40.34]ZOP Power 14.8V 7000mah 40C 4S Lipo Battery TRX Plug for Traxxas RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
Funnily enough I was looking at unused batteries I have lying around for my old Discovery Pro, and was wondering if I could somehow get those into the Yuneec cases :) I think I dismissed the idea fairly quickly because I couldn't see how to get into the casing. But if we had a safe reliable solution to that we'd be laughing !

There is also the mod to put an Xt60 connector on to the H and just slide any suitable battery in to the battery bay. No worries about sourcing suitable batteries ever again!

A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread asking for advice regarding the batteries for my H. Yuneec UK have just returned the H to me after thoroughly checking it over - excellent customer service as always!

I sent 4 batteries with it for testing. Three of them (the older ones) gave Yuneec around 15 minutes of flight at a steady 10mph, until second battery warning. The fourth battery (purchased new 3 weeks ago and flown only once) gave just a matter of minutes.

No faults found with the H.

The new and used only once battery is being returned to the supplier.

So, I have a dilemma! I've been unable to source any more Yuneec batteries for the H in the UK yet it seems the ones I have are on their last legs. What do I do? I would sell the whole kit, but I guess it's not worth a lot if not achieving much flight time?

Travelling to the Hebrides in 5 weeks and need something I can trust a bit more in flight, with a bit more flight time!

Interested in others views...
I find my typhoon H batteries on Amazon here is the type I get with no issues whatsoever
Ultrax Yuneec Typhoon H 4S 6300mAh 14.8V 93.2Wh LiPo Intelligent...

$69.87

Qty: 1

I find my typhoon H batteries on Amazon here is the type I get with no issues whatsoever
Ultrax Yuneec Typhoon H 4S 6300mAh 14.8V 93.2Wh LiPo Intelligent...

$69.87

Qty: 1
and those are no longer in stock anywhere, and no longer listed on the manufacturers website.

and those are no longer in stock anywhere, and no longer listed on the manufacturers website.
Opps, my bad, wrong battery the one I'm talking about is $92.90 high capacity,

8050mah 14.8V Battery For YUNEEC TYPHOON H H480 Battery

I've only had two flights on this new battery but seems to work full twenty-five minutes with no problem.

Scott

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33