Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery

Reaction score
Good morning,
today I found that a battery had a cell completely at 0. The battery only has three charges, is there any way to recover it? It is not inflated, but it does not load.

You would need an adapter cable like this A921A48E-6F78-4595-89DD-6C217162E9F4.jpeg
And a third party charger that can charge LiHV packs and NiMH packs. You would have to charge on the NiMH setting at 1A or less until that cell comes up to 3.4V. Then change to LiHV balance charging at 1A or less. Constantly monitor the pack to ensure it does not start heating excessively. Once you have it charged be very cautious in its use until you determine if it is trustworthy.

Any idea what caused one cell to discharge and not the others? Possibly connected to a charger that was not powered up?

Thank you very much, I have no idea what it may have downloaded, it was stored in the suitcase in its section. the cable was woven, since I bought it for the yuneec A10 charger that I had adapted for the Typhoon H. I will try to follow the instructions thank you very much

Thank you very much, I have no idea what it may have downloaded, it was stored in the suitcase in its section. the cable was woven, since I bought it for the yuneec A10 charger that I had adapted for the Typhoon H. I will try to follow the instructions thank you very much
So was this a battery for a Typhoon H or for a H520e? The procedure is the same but the adapter would be a different one than pictured above.

How long had the battery been stored and what voltage were the other cells? A spontaneous drop on a single cell for no known reason makes this highly suspect. I’m not sure o would ever use it as a flight battery again.

Reactions: Chris Koch
Hello, The battery is from the 520E, the charger is woven for the H but now I have bought cables to adapt it to the E .. the batteries have been stored for a month since the last flight, at 20% I do not remember how much the meter indicated on the charges of the 3 remaining cells, but the one that is wrong marked 0 .. should I recharge following the method you have indicated? is that I tried it on the charger with those cables and it gave me the error when I tried to charge it as LiPo and it has not charged ..

You would need an adapter cable like this View attachment 26889
And a third party charger that can charge LiHV packs and NiMH packs. You would have to charge on the NiMH setting at 1A or less until that cell comes up to 3.4V. Then change to LiHV balance charging at 1A or less. Constantly monitor the pack to ensure it does not start heating excessively. Once you have it charged be very cautious in its use until you determine if it is trustworthy.

Any idea what caused one cell to discharge and not the others? Possibly connected to a charger that was not powered up?
Good morning, I have tried charging in NiMh 1V mode, but the second it gives me a connection error because it does not recognize the battery of this type so it is not possible in this way in the charger either.

There have been major issues with the H520e batteries. You may want to contact Yuneec about warranty replacement of the battery. See these threads:

You need to connect only the main leads when attempting this. Do not connect the balancing leads in NiMH mode. Measure the total voltage of the pack and choose a NiMH cell count that gives a voltage 0.5V to 1.4V more than your measurement. When that charge completes check the voltage on the bad cell, if it is below 3.4V add another cell step to the NiMH setting and charge again in NiMH mode. Once you get the bad cell up to 3.4V change back to LiHV mode on the charger and connect the balance leads also.

Use caution when doing this and when you measure the bad cell also check the other three cells to ensure they do not exceed 4.35V on each cell. If you cannot get the NiMH mode to work you may not be able to recover the battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital