Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Be aware.. SD card didn't recorded the video

Reaction score
Hi, today I went up in the air for an important customer assignment. Checked everyting, empty 32Gb card (saw it on the ST16 screen) flew 20sec, checked the playback on the ST16, everything OK, Went up again and filmed 8minutes. Landed and checked again on the ST16 playback = OK the video was there.
Went home to copy the cam card. EMPTY! Nothing stored on the card!! Ofcourse I was fooled by the ST16 video! There is (ofcourse!) no proof that its stored on the cam SD card even if you see the video on the ST16 Be aware! The card was broken! Fortunately I can do the job tomorrow with a new card! Yes I have tested it and learnt my lesson.

Hi, today I went up in the air for an important customer assignment. Checked everyting, empty 32Gb card (saw it on the ST16 screen) flew 20sec, checked the playback on the ST16, everything OK, Went up again and filmed 8minutes. Landed and checked again on the ST16 playback = OK the video was there.
Went home to copy the cam card. EMPTY! Nothing stored on the card!! Ofcourse I was fooled by the ST16 video! There is (ofcourse!) no proof that its stored on the cam SD card even if you see the video on the ST16 Be aware! The card was broken! Fortunately I can do the job tomorrow with a new card! Yes I have tested it and learnt my lesson.
Had you used the faulty card before, or was it a first use? I've not had that problem, however, I have in the past forgotten to start a recording on a job. Fortunately the client (a farmer) had gone off to do other things and left me to it, so I was able to re-do the flight and get the images, and the farmer never knew :p

Reactions: Steve Carr
Had you used the faulty card before, or was it a first use? I've not had that problem, however, I have in the past forgotten to start a recording on a job. Fortunately the client (a farmer) had gone off to do other things and left me to it, so I was able to re-do the flight and get the images, and the farmer never knew :p

Hi, yes I have used it twice and now I couldn't even format it. = I killed it! I have forgotten to start the recording many times...

One thing I have found that helps, is if the CGO3+ is successfully writing to the card, you will see the remaining SD card capacity go down as shown on the ST-16 screen.

Reactions: Steve Carr
One thing I have found that helps, is if the CGO3+ is successfully writing to the card, you will see the remaining SD card capacity go down as shown on the ST-16 screen.
You're right Eagle but then you have to wait until the ST16 SD card display has counted down 1Gb to detect that the cam is writing on the card. - Its faaar to late.

After I start the motors I start the video. I like to record from launch to landing. That way I have a complete video record of the flight and I don't have to worry about forgetting to record. Here's my list of things that you can expect in your flying career:

1. You will try to take off in Smart or Home mode.
2. You'll think its a great idea to take off from the roof of your car.
3. You will forget to put a card in the camera or forget to erase the files that have it nearly full.
4. You will see your gimbal bracket fall into a pond because you forgot to remove it before you launched.
5. You will watch a prop wrap around a tall weed when trying to take off in a field, flipping the bird upside down and breaking the other props.
6. You will have the best flight of your life and get spectacular video of a once-in-a-lifetime event only to find later you forgot to hit record.
7. A gourgeous blond will come up and start asking questions, you will loose concentration with the resulting embarassing crash.
8. You will discover dead tree branches are immpossible to see 1000' away.
9. You will practice your planned shoot with your first battery only to discover you didn't bring a second.
10. As you are editing your video you will see a group of kids shooting arrows at your bird.

LOL Steve,
How so true.
I now have a bright red ribbon on my camera cover.
Painted the edge of my SD cards bright orange so I can quickly see that it is in there.
I use a landing pad in tall grass for take off/landings.
I stay away from trees at all cost, amazing how a small breeze can move one your way.
I don't take off till I see the camera is actually recording.
I still take off and land on my vehicle, but I have a van.
I always take off with the tail light facing me and flick through all the modes to make sure I am in angle.
As for the blond, I'm still waiting on that one.

I take off and hover about 10 feet high. check my flight controls make sure no issues. Then gear up. I had a blond come up to me and ask questions, but was wrong gender.:rolleyes: How ever I did have a lady come to me and make advances:eek: I'm married 30 years and want to keep it clean.:)

How ever I did have a lady come to me and make advances:eek: I'm married 30 years and want to keep it clean.:)
I had a very beautiful young lady come over to me when I was out flying. She asked me,"Is that a very expensive helicopter?"(I don't bother to correct people) I said it cost more than my truck. She looked over in the parking lot and saw a new Hummer sitting there. She said," Wow I would think the helicopter would be much larger for that price tag!"
I know she saw the puzzled look on my face. She asked me if I wanted to fool around a little bit. I told her no thanks all of my gear is in the Hanger being repaired. Puzzled look all over her face. Only then did I realize that she thought the Hummer was mine. I laughed out loud then I told her "Wrong truck honey." She was more puzzled than ever. Finally I told her my truck is over there. The RED Chevrolet S10 over there! I did pay more for the "H" than the S-10 is true. I had to put a new engine and transmission in it and had done very little on the appearance aspect.
But it will blow the doors off of many V8 powered vehicles. Turbo chargers work wonders!
It is amazing the level of miscommunication that can happen when you are intensely focused on something other than the person we are standing next to. The part about the gear being repaired in the hanger Is my "Real Aircraft" being readied for it's annual inspection and certification and I thought she was asking for a ride.
I told the wife about and she laughed a lot longer than I liked.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdvaikTasteofPurity