Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Beacon on top of H520

Reaction score
Can a beacon be placed on top of H520 without disturbing GPS signal ?
Of course beacon's is to increase visibility in Swiss alps, where choppers fly a lot.

it would be this model : PicoMax – AveoEngineering
Thx for any help :)

If you put it next to the power button, as far away as possible from the GPS area so that it does not "shadow", it should not. Anyway, where the LEDs are? is it metal? It's a flat zone and if it's metallic... but in principle I think not.

Reactions: Sarah
For mounting on the boom arms, some of us are using what is shown and described via this link:

Carolinadronz also advertises them. International shipping? Didn’t look.

References to the actual led beacons are included in the linked page.

Jeff

beacon will have gps issues if it mounted at top middle centered or center right side or the center left side . It needs to be at the very tip front of the drone.

I too have just installed an anti-collision strobe on both my UAVs. Placement of the "LUME" Strobe units has also been something of an exercise in compromise, trying to keep the strobe unit away from potentially sensitive avionics. Relatively limited test flights hasn't so far revealed any problems with GPS of flight controls.
My only real disappointment is not being able to see the flashing strobe while in flight, but the intention behind placing only one unit on each UAV is to be seen from above. I live within 4kms of a local airport plus less than 1 km from a hospital heli-port - where uncontrolled HEMS flights can come and go at any time - so I am happy to with this positioning, while I work on other, long term options, which might include permanent installation of port, starboard and tail strobes that can be seen from multiple angles/altitudes.
Though weather conditions around my usual flying areas have been lousy for too long now, preventing almost all flying opportunities, I have also taken delivery of a UAV transponder type device to utilise as a part of my safer flying plans - to be seen visually and electronically. This device has been supplied to a small number of commercial UAV operators FOC by the NZCAA organisation overseeing the rules and reg's for UAV flying in this country. I will be posting feedback on the use of this device as and when better flying conditions permit me to test the effectiveness, or otherwise, of this device in the environment I normally fly in.

Happy flying to all UAV pilots ✌ ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarah and arruntus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio