Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best New Feature For Me With New Firmware

I think these new options are a result of us early Beta testers that have asked for new features on this forum. I posted early on that YTH could easily be updated with a firmware update to give it a soft key to allow us a "sport mode" to compete with the P4 feature. Less than 3 months later and that is what they have given us. Sure it may be a coincidence. But keep posting your requests and maybe ye shall receive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eightfooticeman
Well I am trying to understand what turning GPS off means. if the unit is off that sounds extremely risky if the drone is far way as it will never be able to return if it loses connection. As another poster mentioned, it doesn't mean turning the GPS unit off. Good.

GPS has the notion of cold and warm starts. A cold start can take several minutes, whereas a warm start (predicated on the condition that tne receiver was used recently in the same location and that it knows the approximate position of the satellites) can still take 30 seconds.

It therefore makes no sense for the TH to actually power down the GPS receiver, it would take too long to re-enable it.

Going from GPS off to GPS on at full speed looks way too stressful on the airframe for my tastes. Aside from that, **** thats awesome.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig