Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

BEWARE Yuneec's softpack (hard case replacement) DOES NOT FIT the full styrofoam

Reaction score
What a let down. Just got Yuneec's softback pack today from Ingenious Ingenuity --waited MONTHS from when I paid for it and only come to find it will NOT house the full black foam protection, with lid. I can almst get it without the black lid but it's a struggle and it almost rips the zipper apart it's so tight.

DEFECTIVE/POOR DESIGN - BACK IT GOES

Last edited:
I have the soft pack as well. It took me about 45 min using great care to get the foam installed, but it does fit with the lid. Just have to be very patient and careful. When I finally got it zipped up I left it a couple of days to stretch. It seems to zip better now although you have to make certain everything is lined up.

Reactions: abinder
Thanks. Ok. But still. Im not risking it. Based on a lot of experience with that much tension on those cheapo nylon zippers --it's only a matter of time before they split and become useless. I am NOT paying $150. for cheapo nylon zippers that'll split 3 months into using it when it's to late to return.

I have the soft sided backpack and yes at the beginning it was a struggle to get the main case and yes the lid to fit. But it does settle in and the material forms around the foam the zippers are not stretched out or get out of proportion either. I think when the bag is initially made the material is bunched up. Now and can open and close the case no problem.

What a let down. Just got Yuneec's softback pack today from Ingenious Ingenuity --waited MONTHS from when I paid for it and only come to find it will NOT house the full black foam protection, with lid. I can almst get it without the black lid but it's a struggle and it almost rips the zipper apart it's so tight.

DEFECTIVE/POOR DESIGN - BACK IT GOES
Does the backpack have an 'H' on it? If so, it's designed for the foam that comes with the new pro model.

Does the backpack have an 'H' on it? If so, it's designed for the foam that comes with the new pro model.

If this is the case (no pun intended) then surely there should be an option to purchase it with the new foam already installed as not to alienate the non pro owners who will buy it only to realise they cant actually use it,this is just not good business sense.

Bad design is bad design regardless if it has an "H" or a "Typhoon" or whatever on it.

My every experience with that much basic stress and tension on cheapo nylon zippers is that they fail by splitting somewhere along the zipper. Coupled with the pulling, twisting, turning and jerks on the pack that will obviously come walking and hiking will add.

I give the zippers of that bag 3 months tops. And like I said --the nasty thing about it is that when it fails it will be past the point of returning it. It's called "planned obsolescence". From backpacks to plastic bumpers on cars and everything in between. The way of our whole "made-in-China-cheapo" economy is based --ALL so that the manufacturers can get rich quicker. Sorry but if I spend $150 - $180. ON A BACKPACK (!) I want it to last. I am NOT supporting their game so back it goes. I would have much rather spent twice the money if got something that would LAST. This piece of shyt --won't.

What other soft or hard case solutions have people found?

Last edited:
If this is the case (no pun intended) then surely there should be an option to purchase it with the new foam already installed as not to alienate the non pro owners who will buy it only to realise they cant actually use it,this is just not good business sense.
I agree. I had the new backpack on order but cancelled it as soon as I saw the Typhoon H Pro unboxing. The foam looked smaller and items were packed in much differently than the original foam case.

Bad design is bad design regardless if it has an "H" or a "Typhoon" or whatever on it.

My every experience with that much basic stress and tension on cheapo nylon zippers is that they fail by splitting somewhere along the zipper. Coupled with the pulling, twisting, turning and jerks on the pack that will obviously come walking and hiking will add.

I give the zippers of that bag 3 months tops. And like I said --the nasty thing about it is that when it fails it will be past the point of returning it. It's called "planned obsolescence". From backpacks to plastic bumpers on cars and everything in between. The way of our whole "made-in-China-cheapo" economy is based --ALL so that the manufacturers can get rich quicker. Sorry but if I spend $150 - $180. ON A BACKPACK (!) I want it to last. I am NOT supporting their game so back it goes. I would have much rather spent twice the money if got something that would LAST. This piece of shyt --won't.

What other soft or hard case solutions have people found?

I found a $35(?) backpack on Amazon from Bodajing that fits the 'old' packaging. Fits fine, probably not as nice as a $150 backpack but fine for the price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brian Mackey
I had assumed I wouldn't need to use the lid. Why have a cover under a cover? Mine will be here tomorrow, I guess I'll see how it fits. How much distance is there between hardware and top of case without the lid? Is it, like, wobbly loose?

Yes from all reports the Pro version foam has been made smaller. I know a few people has said its alot smaller on the long side. I trying to find out if top lid and bottom are the same depth as the reg version.

Check out the MC-CASES.com.its a little pricey but seems like a very good case.i ordered one ( 350. With shipping )

Got mine today................. no way it fits with the lid on, but it's a pretty good fit without it. Not too tight at all as stated above. I just stretched it somewhat by pulling on ends and sides, then made sure the bottom container was seated all the way down in. A little pulling and stretching, not a biggie. Now it looks and fits pretty good. Not using foam lid, although it has 2-sided tape available on top lid of baclpack to stick in up there.

I received mine a few days ago from B&H (part number YUNTYHBP001, $99.00) and it fits the lid just fine. It was a little snug at first but after installing everything and leaving it zipped up overnight, I attached the included velcro strips to the foam lid, re-installed and have no problems.

The soft case does fit with the lid. I almost sent it back too, but finally got it to work. Super tight at first but after two days it works fine. I also ordered the mc-case. Mine should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. Looks like a great case.

Here are a few pictures of everything installed in the soft backpack...

Attachments

• 20160802_095418 (1280x1274).jpg
    20160802_095418 (1280x1274).jpg
    616.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 20160802_095532 (1280x566).jpg
    20160802_095532 (1280x566).jpg
    375 KB · Views: 81
  • 20160802_095546 (1280x720).jpg
    20160802_095546 (1280x720).jpg
    631 KB · Views: 80
I got mine and used it yesterday for the first time. Yes it's pretty tight in the beginning. The box and lid fit fine. From what I have seen it's pretty good quality. I assume it will stretch a little over time.
I am happy that it has external pockets. I can put 2 extra batteries in each.

What is your definition of "cheapo nylon zippers"? What are your visual evidence of this? You didn't mention they broke.

Are you going to return the backpack?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval