Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bind ST16 to something *not* Yuneec?

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has been able to get their ST16 to bind/work with any other FC that isnt a Yuneec platform?

I wonder if the 2.4 radio in the ST16 could be swapped for something like a Spektrum radio? Wish I knew more about coding.

The problem is not the signal format, the problem is the FlightMode or FlightControl app. This one supports the Yuneec flight controller. You have to create a new app with interfaces to the sticks and switches + interfaces to ZigBee transceiver chip.
Good Luck....

More chances will come with Typhoon H+ and ST16+. This is open source and there is an API offered by Yuneec.

What I have successfully tried in the past, is to bind the Blade 350QX on the ST10 just to get telemetry back. This works, but the Blade has also Yuneec-made firmware inside. To do this, you need to change the Blades receiver to a transceiver like the one from Q500. It's not that expensive.
It would be worth to try to connect this transceiver to another Flight Controller with SBUS. The only thing, if this works, is that still there are the settings and curves for Yuneec copter. On the other hand, the ST16 has a lot possibilities to change channelsettings, the ST10 not.

The 2.4 GHz transmission protocol is standard ZigBee IEEE802.15. And the data seems to be MAV link (something different (>) MAVlink1.0) but I'm not sure.

br HE

Reactions: Gaunt1969
The problem is not the signal format, the problem is the FlightMode or FlightControl app. This one supports the Yuneec flight controller. You have to create a new app with interfaces to the sticks and switches + interfaces to ZigBee transceiver chip.
Good Luck....

More chances will come with Typhoon H+ and ST16+. This is open source and there is an API offered by Yuneec.

What I have successfully tried in the past, is to bind the Blade 350QX on the ST10 just to get telemetry back. This works, but the Blade has also Yuneec-made firmware inside. To do this, you need to change the Blades receiver to a transceiver like the one from Q500. It's not that expensive.
It would be worth to try to connect this transceiver to another Flight Controller with SBUS. The only thing, if this works, is that still there are the settings and curves for Yuneec copter. On the other hand, the ST16 has a lot possibilities to change channelsettings, the ST10 not.

The 2.4 GHz transmission protocol is standard ZigBee IEEE802.15. And the data seems to be MAV link (something different (>) MAVlink1.0) but I'm not sure.

br HE

What he said. [emoji4]

Thanks for the replies. I hope that since the H480 is now a dead product, Yuneec will release an API for the H480 and the ST16.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
x640536786