Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

"Blinking" Video

Reaction score
I noticed in reviewing some video done with my H today, that in playback it "blinks".
Can anyone tell me what's causing this, and how to rectify it? Thanks.

Can you post a raw section of the video for people to review?
Several pilots on here are real good at detecting problems.

Can you post a raw section of the video for people to review?
Several pilots on here are real good at detecting problems.
Couldn't figure out how to convert from MP4 to RAW, or how to send only a short clip.
Still working on getting it smooth,and working the bugs out, obviously. Thanks.

It doesn't blink, you were using auto white balance with a constantly progressing brightness level. The camera is working fine but you need how to take advantage of the manual features. Watch CaptainDrone's You Tube video about camera settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't blink, you were using auto white balance with a constantly progressing brightness level. The camera is working fine but you need how to take advantage of the manual features. Watch CaptainDrone's You Tube video about camera settings.

Thank you PatR, I shall!

Mine does it with manual white balance as well, I thinks is the auto exposure, I am going all manual today if the weather clears :)

Okay so i watched My video on someone elses pc via skype and i did not see the issue -- So with the updates on the camera and such maybe we have systems not powerful enough ? Or again we need to go to manual.. film at 11 LOL

If using auto WB the camera will automatically change the WB as the subject matter lightens and darkens. I'm not a photography expert so the terminology may not be correct but the video clearly shows the auto function compensating for an increasing level of brightness as more and more of the white windmill comes into view. My DSLR's do the same thing when auto WB, auto shutter and ISO is utilized, although not as dramatically.

The camera on the H can do much, much better than that but to obtain those results one needs to make use of the manual setting features.

If using auto WB the camera will automatically change the WB as the subject matter lightens and darkens. I'm not a photography expert so the terminology may not be correct but the video clearly shows the auto function compensating for an increasing level of brightness as more and more of the white windmill comes into view. My DSLR's do the same thing when auto WB, auto shutter and ISO is utilized, although not as dramatically.

The camera on the H can do much, much better than that but to obtain those results one needs to make use of the manual setting features.

Hey PatR :) Just got back from testing again this time auto wb to set it then locked, manual exposure and I do not see the pulsing/flickering whatever its call , so last test later is to pick a preset wb and see how that works - Your very right, but when I first started this in august "newbie" I didn't notice that oddity I was auto everything, i went back yesterday and looked at my old stuff some had it some did not so i guess if your gonna shoot on auto the light has to be just right and you get lucky :) so I have have to put new habits in place thanks for the reply.

Glad you found out. I first discovered it with a 4K Chroma when shooting a yaw scene that transitioned from bright to dark, watching the camera auto darken the bright scenery as the Chroma yawed. Saw the same thing again with the H, which uses essentially the same camera. CaptainDrone provided a tremendous service to all when he published his camera settings video on YouTube that clearly demonstrated that happening and how to avoid it. My stills and videos improved immensely immediately afterwards.

Glad you found out. I first discovered it with a 4K Chroma when shooting a yaw scene that transitioned from bright to dark, watching the camera auto darken the bright scenery as the Chroma yawed. Saw the same thing again with the H, which uses essentially the same camera. CaptainDrone provided a tremendous service to all when he published his camera settings video on YouTube that clearly demonstrated that happening and how to avoid it. My stills and videos improved immensely immediately afterwards.

well i didnt find it :( I tested all manual still there shooting at 1920 x 1080 x 60 now im stumped -- maybe its my pc no one else seems to see them, well confirmed its not my pc. I noticed this just started as the weather changed and we have had wet air and no sun lots of clouds , so Im gonna stop testing till the sun comes out .

Last edited:
Okay so i watched My video on someone elses pc via skype and i did not see the issue -- So with the updates on the camera and such maybe we have systems not powerful enough ? Or again we need to go to manual.. film at 11 LOL
Brian I can see the blinking or pulsing in the sample above but the video of yours that I down loaded did not do that on my system. So I'm not sure what the answer or cause is.

Brian I can see the blinking or pulsing in the sample above but the video of yours that I down loaded did not do that on my system. So I'm not sure what the answer or cause is.

Me either and I cant do anything until the sun comes out But I believe atmosphere and no contrast may play a big role, 2nd, the fact I was in all auto. Do not know I have reviewed videos all the way back to august some have it some do not, the ones that do seem to be on a lousy days damp and no sun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval