Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Blur on panning

Reaction score
Just as the title suggests, I am randomly getting blurring when panning. Straight vertical footage rarely if ever shows this. If you look at the third video down, starting at around the 20 second mark a guard rail comes in from the left and you can see the blur clearly as it pans to the left. https://www.chefinthesky.com/easter-egg-page

It seems to really appear on whiter / more reflective surfaces. Is this a limitation of the CG03+, or is there a sweet spot in the settings to get around this? I've tried both global and manual panning, different throttle speeds on manual panning, white balance etc etc and it still happens at random. I have a cg04 still in the case at home, once i'm back i'll take it out for a maiden flight with the H920 and make comparisons but I believe it is in the settings and not the camera. I would love to find the manual fix for it because it doesn't always show up on the ST16. I am using UHS 3 class 10 cards.

Thanks,
Chef

Last edited:
Many issues when viewing the video are caused, not on the recording end (camera), but on the playback end. Even Played local, directly from the SD card, some video elements can overwhelm a computers video card and/or processor speed and give blurry or choppy playback.

To see if this is a playback issue or if it is happening 'in camera', pause the video and take a look. When I watched your third video it didn't look too terrible, certainly not what I would call 'Blurry'. In fact and if anything, it does not have enough natural motion blur, perhaps due to a shutter speed faster than twice the FPS? To me it looks like what I would expect from a quick pan. I took a screen grab at the 21 second mark.

PanClip.jpg

Exactly what I was hoping for - an intelligent response - thank you! I've been tweaking the ISO and shutter speed and it still happens at times. If the sun every shines here again i'll go back to the same spot and work at it.

love the low lying clouds great vids but the first one did make me a bit dizzy lol 3rd vid was blurry watching it play then i switched to full screen and watched again could hardly see any
might watch it on the 4k tv later ( hope i can get some vids to looks as good as that )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval